WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Face Wash Gel
Hi there everyone! I’m back with the next tool in my acne fight strategy. Today, I’m going to tell you about this face wash from Himalaya called “Clarina Anti-acne Face Wash Gel.”
Are you guys wondering if you have seen this on shelves before? Probably not, because it seems to be for exports, being a new addition to Himalaya family, but still you can get it in India, either order online or call up a direct Himalaya outlet in your city. They have developed a whole new Clarina range with blemish cream and face pack, etc.
About the Product:
As the name suggests, it is an anti-acne wash for oily and acne-prone skin.
Rs. 50 for 60 ml tube. (They sell it for anywhere from US $8-$15 in other countries, what a rip-off).
White plastic tube with a green flip-open cap. Gel looks brownish-yellow.
What it Claims (From the Himalaya Website):
Clarina anti-acne face wash gel has anti-inflammatory, antiseborrheic, keratolytic, wound-healing, antioxidant, and antibacterial activities. Clarina anti-acne face wash gel inhibits the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) by its antioxidant activity, thus reducing inflammation mediated by acne-causing bacteria. (After reading through all theses gibberish medical terms, all I could understand is that it kills the acne-causing bacteria, enough for me).
Directions for Use:
Required quantity to be applied on moist face in gentle circular motions to work up a lather and then washed off. To be used twice daily (I use it every time I wash my face, which is about 4-5 times a day).
Each gram of Clarina anti-acne face wash gel contains:
Jalavetasa (Salix tetrasperma) 0.1mg
What attracted me to this face wash is the list of contents. Very simple, every day ingredients, which you can find easily anywhere, even in your kitchen and we already know a lot about them.
You can see the list of ingredients in the picture.
1) Kumari – Aloe vera, has long been in use for a host of diseases, particularly those connected with the digestive system; they have also been used for wounds, burns, dermatitis, and other skin troubles. We don’t need to be convinced of the benefits of aloe-vera anymore. It is used as a base to almost all the herbal cosmetic preparations.
2) Nimba – Neem. It is used for external applications in skin diseases. It possesses antidandruff, antibacterial, anti viral and fungicidal properties. I remember my grandmother throwing some neem leaves in her bath water while boiling it, even brushing her teeth with neem sticks and just eating a few raw neem and curry leaves upon waking up in the mornings. Never heard of her having acne, dandruff, hair fall, etc., and her hair started turning grey only in her 60s.
3) Haridra – Turmeric. Raise your hands if you don’t know the benefits of turmeric . Not a single raised hand , right? Oil of turmeric, distilled from the dried rhizomes, has feeble antiseptic properties. It is an antacid, and, in small doses, acts as a carminative, stomachic, appetizer and tonic. Turmeric also possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties. Helps in reducing skin-pigmentation, kills germs, and clots the blood in a bleeding wound.
4) Jalavetasa (Salix tetrasperma) – Common name is Wala in Hindi or Willow in English. This is the more active ingredient in this face wash, I think. Willow bark extract (Salix alba) is used in skincare as an astringent and has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties. It is also used to stimulate circulation.The main constituents of willow bark extract are phenolic acids; such as salicin, salicortin, fragilin, populin, triandrin and vimalin, as well as flavonoids, tannins and minerals. It contains salicylic acid, which stimulates new cell formation by helping the old skin to slough off. It is also used for the extraction of pure and natural salicylic acid.
Salicylic acid is the most effective remedy in the acne-battle, as per my personal experience.
My Analysis of Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Face Wash Gel:
I like this face wash very much. I can’t say if it eliminates the acne directly, but it definitely, is the kind of cleanser needed for oily, acne-prone skin.
This is how the gel looks:
Pros of Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Face Wash Gel
1. Gentle, natural ingredients.
2. Good consistency and smell.
3. Contains the source of salicylic acid, which is beneficial for acne.
4. Need a very small amount for normal cleaning.
5. Best thing is that it cleanses without drying the skin. A common mistake made by acne-sufferers with oily-skin is using the products which dry out the skin by stripping it off its natural oils, which results in the skin thinking that it needs more moisture and goes on to produce more and more oil. It’s a vicious cycle. Oily or not, all types of skins need moisture.
6. My skin feels moisturized and smooth, but still clean, after washing.
7. Reasonably priced.
Cons of Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Face Wash Gel
1. Need to use more amount for stubborn dirt and oiliness. I use Neutrogena oil-free when my face is oilier or has makeup on it.
2. Does not lather and foam much. Skin doesn’t feel squeaky clean, but that says it doesn’t contain harmful detergents, so it’s actually a pro for me).
3. After rinsing, some slippery residue is left over that I wipe off with toner.
4. Not so much reasonably priced, if using for each and every wash throughout the day, you’ll run out of it quicker.
5. Not easily available.
IMBB Rating: 9/10.
Will I Buy It Again?
Yes, I already have the extra stock, haven’t felt the need to change it yet, give it a try.
Remember to research before buying into anything that you are putting on or inside your body. I will be back with the next acne episode. Have a good health.
Himalaya Under Eye Cream
Himalaya Herbals Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Himalaya Herbals Fairness Cream
Himalaya Neem Face Wash vs Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Wash
Himalaya Herbals Revitalising Hair Oil
Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Apricot Scrub
Himalaya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion
Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturizing Body Lotion
Himalaya Neem Foaming Face Wash and Ayur Exfoliating Strawberry Scrub
Himalaya Oil Balancing Face Wash Gel
Pukhraj Herbal Cucumber Face Wash Gel
Jovees Anti Acne Pimple Cream
Kasturi Manjal as an Effective Anti Acne Treatment
Acnemoist – Oil Free Moisturiser for Acne Prone Skin
How I Got Rid of Acne