What Himalaya Gentle Daily Exfoliating Face Wash Claims: A soap free daily use herbal formulation which combines gentle exfoliation, deep cleansing and moisturizing giving you complete daily face care. Enriched with red lentil that improves the complexion. Apricot granules gently scrub of dead skin cells and help prevent formation of blackheads. Neem and lemon cleanses deeply and removes excess oil. Aloe vera soothes and moisturizes the skin. This unique combination of natural ingredients leaves your skin fresh, rejuvenated and glowing day after day.
How to use Himalaya Gentle Daily Exfoliating Face Wash: Apply adequate quantity of Gentle Daily Exfoliating Face Wash on damp face and neck. Gently massage in circular motions with fingertips, working up a nice lather. Wash off and pat dry. Use twice daily.
Indication: Exfoliation of dead cells and reduction of facial blemishes
All Skin types
Ingedients in Himalaya Gentle Daily Exfoliating Face Wash:
- Red lentil that improves complexion.
- Apricot granules gently scrub off dead skin cells and prevent formation of blackheads
- Neem and lemon cleanse deeply and remove excess oil.
- Aloe vera soothes your skin and maintains its natural moisture balance.
Price: Rs. 55 (Indian Rupees) for 50ml
Complete List of Ingredients as on the pack: Aqua, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lens Culinaris(lentil) Symbiosome Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum( lemon) Peel Extract, Melia azadirachta Leaf Extacrt, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract, Prunus Armeniaca(Apricot) Seed Powder, Methylchloriosothiazolinone, Carnauba(Copernica Cerifera) Wax, Glycerin Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.
I have been using this for a month and a half now. Here are some thoughts about it…
This is basically a gel based face wash. It has smooth, white exfoliating granules and also a few red ones (probably this is the red lentil). These are quite small and smooth making it gentle enough for daily use. This face wash does not excessively dry the skin, at the same time giving your skin a clean and refreshed feeling. The freshness lasts for almost half a day which is quite good compared to other face washes I have tried. I however, have my doubts as to whether this is actually soap free as it foams generously. It has a mild, pleasant smell.
I have combination skin. Oily on the T-zone and dry around the mouth and cheeks. This is why I am always on the look-out for products that will work for my dry as well as oily areas. Gel based face washes are best suited for oily skin types. A face wash that removes oil well but leaves your skin very dry, can cause your skin to produce even more oil in defense to the dryness, thus causing more oiliness and probably pimples.
This face wash however, seemed perfect for all my needs. Neem is well known for its anti-bacterial properties and lemon is known for cleansing. Aloe vera never fails to soothe my skin when irritated. Also, daily exfoliation is something I have read many good things about.
Why I like Himalaya Gentle Daily Exfoliating Face Wash
- This is like a face wash and a mini scrub combined in one. Saves time when in a hurry.
- The granules in this face wash are effective for exfoliation, yet gentle enough for daily use.
- Does not dry out my dry areas and leaves my T- zone clean and fresh.
- Mild scent which I like. I generally do not have a liking for heavily perfumed skin care products.
- Comes in a see through tube with a flip cover that shuts tight. Hygienic, convenient to use and easy to carry around in your handbag.
- Also has some nourishing and hydrating power. On the days when I don’t want to use moisturizer, I use this and leave my skin alone without worrying about excessive dryness.
- One or 2 drops are sufficient for the face and neck.
- Price is very affordable
Why I don’t like Himalaya Gentle Daily Exfoliating Face Wash
- Although this is good enough for daily exfoliation, those who prefer a heavier exfoliation may not find it good enough. Not effective on my stubborn dead cells in the corner of nose and chin
- Not very useful blackhead prevention as I do get them on my nose every now and then in spite of using this.
- Doesn’t seem like soap free to me although Himalaya claims it to be.
- Some of us may have reservations about ingredients like Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate used in this. I however am fine with it.
So I would give a thumbs up to this one. Will continue to use it until I come across something better. Yesterday Mrunmayee said that she would judge a company’s products by their face wash. So I guess this face wash encourages us to try more of Himalaya products 🙂