Himalaya Gentle Face Wash Cream- Review
I love to change my face wash after every tube. I love to try new and different brands each time and have probably used each and every face wash available in my city. Himalaya and Lotus have by far been my favourite brands in the Herbal range.
Many of you may know my obsession with Himalaya Cleansing milk. So when I saw the himalaya Gentle face wash cream on the shelf I did not spend even a second before buying it.
Here’s what it says on the pack.
- Gentle face wash cream
- Normal to Dry skin ( 🙂 )
- Cucumber and Aloe Vera( :):) )
- Refreshing and moisturizing Soap-free cleanser( 🙂 🙂 🙂 )
- A soap free herbal formulation that gently cleanses and moisturizes.
- Unlike soap, it will not leave your face feeling dry and strtched.
- Enriched with Cucumber, that cools and soothes your skin, and Aloe Vera, that tones and softens it.
- Use regularly for a clean, fresh and glowing skin.
Directions for use:
- Moisten face, apply a small quantity of Gentle Face Wash Cream and gently work up lather with a circular motion. Wash off and pat dry. Use twice daily. Follow up with Himalaya Herbals Face moisturizing lotion.
- Use Himalaya Herbals Refreshing Fruit pack once a week to refresh and rejuvenate your facial skin.
Each gm contains: Ext. Trapusha 100 mg, Processes in Kumari, Amalaki, Karchura.
As you can see my happiness just rose and rose with every word I read. It was just PERFECT for me. So I bought it.
It cost me Rs. 60/- for 100g. This is quite a big tube. Normally a face wash tube comes in 50g and 100 g. The smaller one was not available, but as I was dead sure this would work I bought the bigger one.
Here’s why I didn’t like it one bit-
- The smell!!! It smells invariably like shaving cream. It IS shaving cream. I could not bear the smell as it lingers on and on.
- It does not clean anything. Though I don’t have oily skin, it never left me feeling fresh.
- I feel the dirt and grime as it is when I have used it.
- It just fails to remove any makeup.
- The pack says, “Do not use around eyes”. This troubles me as I have to wash off my eyes well as I use some form of eye makeup everyday.
- It does not have the refreshing fragrance or feel of the Himalaya Cleansing milk that I love with all my heart.
- It does not lather at all. I didn’t expect it to actually, it being soap free. But it is like applying a light-weight moisturizer. (This is not expected of a face wash!!!)
- It disappears in my skin if I try to “work up lather in circular motion”.
After massaging it in…..
- I don’t feel like it ever leaves my skin completely. That’s probably supposed to be the moisturizing capacity. Oh hell!!!!
- And did I mention???? IT SMELLS LIKE SHAVING CREAM!!!!
- Actually that is what I have been using it as!!! 😛
- It leaves my skin feeling greasy and grimy.
- I started breaking out as my skin was not cleansed properly. Although I don’t think it was a reaction to the product. But still… eeeew!!!!
- And also… It smells like Shaving Cream!!!
The only good thing about this was that it was cheap, so I didn’t burn a hole in my pocket for this.
Also the packaging was good, but what use it is if the product inside is useless.
I was really, really disappointed with this product, as Himalaya has been quite close to my heart. I love and regularly use many of their products. I don’t think I have ever read a bad review of Himalaya on IMBB either. But this one was just a big, fat dud.
It’s like being snubbed by your best friend.
My rating: :star:
Will I repurchase it???? NO!!!!!
Will I recommend it?? HELL, NO!!!!!
So what do you do if you are stuck with a face wash that’s awful?
- I use it as foot soak.
- Or shaving cream.. 😛
- Or body wash if the fragrance is alright.
- In manicure soak.
I have found some natural alternatives if you are stuck with a bad face wash or you find yourselves without one.
All these are for dry skin.
- Gram flour + malai
- Honey + lemon juice
- Milk + lemon juice (Natural cleanser + toner)
- Mashed papaya
- Sugar + rock salt (Instant Shine!!!)
Have you used Himalaya Gentle Face Wash Cream??
What all natural ingredients serve as your emergency/backup face wash?