WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Body oils are something that I have never tried since I already have pretty oily skin. But the claim “stress relief” looked very alluring to me which is why I picked this up. I get muscle ache pretty easily and there should be something to soothe and relax the body except for a hot shower. Didn’t we all love massages when we were a kid? Grab this one to have the same experience. Read the in-depth review here!
Price: Rs 130 for 200 ml
Himalaya’s Stress Relief Massage Oil helps relieve stress and fatigue and relaxes the body. It improves skin texture and keeps it healthy.
• Winter Cherry is an effective anti-stress agent that has a mild, tranquilizing action. It is useful in the treatment of several inflammatory conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and lumbar pain.
• Indian Tinospora is an immunomodulator, which helps in suppressing body pain and relieves body tension.
• Country Mallow is found in the tropical and subtropical plains of India and Sri Lanka. The entire plant, including the leaves, stem, roots and seeds have good medicinal value. Applied topically, Country Mallow relieves various nervous disorders.
• Indian Madder is an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory agent that has a soothing effect on the skin.
Directions for Use:
Apply the oil and gently massage all over the body. Leave for 10 to 15 minutes before bathing with warm water.
My Experience with Himalaya Wellness Stress Relief Massage Oil:
Packaging: The massage oil comes in a nice big white bottle with a sleek label over it. All the details are mentioned at the back with the skin benefits that it offers. There are a lot of claims so this is a total all-rounder. The cap is green in colour and closes with a click so no worry of leakage. The bottle is very travel-friendly and can be easily carried around and sits nicely in my shower too. It is very affordable too as they offer a big quantity at a very reasonable price.
Consistency, smell and feel on the skin: The massage oil comes in a light yellow colour and the consistency is super runny, like any other oil. It is perfect as an oil. A little amount is needed to be massaged on the areas of pain or stress. The smell is a typical ayurvedic one made up of natural ingredients and herbs. The smell revives the senses, calming down the mind and body but continuous use will surely irritate many noses. The smell is like that; some will like it while some won’t. The smell stays on the hands and legs but I usually apply it around the neck area and the back, so it doesn’t bother me much. It goes light on the skin, but oily skin might find this oil heavy and greasy. But, it anyway indicates to take a bath after keeping the oil on for a while, so it is okay.
Results: Firstly, it is very good to soothe the skin and very well helps get rid of itchiness. It hydrates and nourishes flaky and dry skin by making it smooth, soft and supple. After taking a bath, my skin feels nourished and I do not need any added lotion to be applied as this keeps my skin supple. The smell will very well relax the mind only if you like the scent. It gives a slightly warm sensation if the area is massaged well and hard. I wouldn’t say that it can get rid of stress, muscle pain or anxiety very well, but it very well calm it down. My muscles feel relaxed to a very good extent and it can release joint tension as well. Overall, a good massage oil that will do a lot of things together after a tired day.
Pros of Himalaya Wellness Stress Relief Massage Oil:
• Big bottle with loads of massage oil
• Handy and the cap close with a click
• Infused with a lot of natural ingredients
• Gives a little warming sensation when massaged hard
• Relieves stress and tension from the muscles to a good extent
• Take dryness away and soothes itchy skin
• Will help mildly with the joint pain
• Nice ayurvedic smell to revive the senses
• Hydrates the skin
• Affordable and available online and in stores too
Cons of Himalaya Wellness Stress Relief Massage Oil:
• Not everyone will like the smell
• Will make the skin greasy
• Will not get rid of stress or muscle pain completely
IMBB Rating: 4.2/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Himalaya Wellness Stress Relief Massage Oil?
Yes, I will. It is a very nice affordable massage oil which helps to release tension and stress from the body, so do try it once.
Conclusion: Finally a good product from Himalaya herbals! 😛
Himalaya Intensive Face Moisturizing Lotion
Himalaya Rich Cocoa Butter Lip Care
Himalaya Clear Complexion Whitening Day Cream
Himalaya Damage Repair Protein Shampoo
Himalaya Herbals Aloe and Cucumber Refreshing Moisturizer
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief Body Lotion
10 Tried and Tested Ways to Relieve Stress
SheaMoisture Olive & Green Tea Bath, Body & Massage Oil
The Body Shop Spa of the World Tahitian Orchid Massage Oil
11 Best Massage Oils for Healthy and Glowing Skin