WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello IMBB Beauties!
Today I’m reviewing a scrub I picked up a few months back from a rather fancy medical store. I had gone to buy Cetaphil cleanser (my HG cleanser) and I spotted rows and rows of products from brands like Himalaya, Neutrogena, Lotus herbals, Biotique, VLCC etc. Among those was also a small section of products from a brand called Hip Hop skin care. It is not a very famous or well-known brand but I’ve seen products like wax strips, bleach etc. from this brand at local supermarkets before.
I’ve also tried the coffee scrub from this brand at my cousin’s place and it smelled nice but was meant for dry skin. The tube says manufactured in Khopoli (near Mumbai) so not sure if it is available elsewhere in India.
Price: Rs 50
Quantity: 60 g
What the tube says: (given in picture)
Key ingredients: Kiwi extract, Aloe Vera, Honey, Vit C.
My take on Hip Hop Skin Care Kiwi Face Scrub: It comes in a colourful tube with a kiwi on the front with a flip cap. The packaging is sturdy, travel friendly and hygienic and the cap shuts tightly so no problem of spillage. It has soapy sort of fruit fragrance which is not unpleasant but not very authentic fruity smelling either. It contains green and brown granules that are quite densely present in the product in a pista green thick base. The base is not too creamy and the granules are quite mild. It doesn’t lather much but since there a lot of granules in a small amount of product- its gives effective cleansing. It is neither drying nor moisturizing, neither soapy nor too creamy.
It has just the right consistency, texture and granules to give a satisfactory cleansed feeling. I have combination/oily skin with a few dry patches around my nose and mouth and it does not aggravate either the oil glands or the dry patches. I generally use it most says in the morning when I wake up and it effectively rinses all the oil build-up from the night. Skin feels soft and smooth after use. I feel it will suit all skin types.
PROs of Hip Hop Skin Care Kiwi Face Scrub
1. Attractive, hygienic and sturdy flip cap packaging.
2. The product itself looks appealing- pista green base with green and brown granules.
3. Granules are quite mild and do not aggravate the skin
4. Contains a lot of granules per unit of product, so little quantity is required for the face
5. Effectively cleanses the skin to give softer, smoother feel
6. Does not dry my skin or make it oily either
7. Is gentle enough to be used everyday
8. Contains aloe Vera, honey, Vit C- good for the skin
9. Not tested on animals
10. Does not contain parabens
11. Dermatologically, microbiologically and clinically tested.
12. Will suit all skin types
13. Good value for money.
14. Comes in attractive variants (coffee, kiwi etc.)
CONs of Hip Hop Skin Care Kiwi Face Scrub
1. May not be available outside Mumbai.
2. Full ingredient list not given.
3. Fragrance seems a little artificial- some people may not like it.
Overall Verdict: It is one of those products that do not do miracles for your skin but are just gentle but effective and can be used daily. The packaging and product is quite attractive and the granules mild enough for daily use. It cleanses effectively without drying the skin or making it greasy. Overall, it is a reasonably priced good product that will suit all skin types. Only the fragrance is a little artificial and might not be liked by some people.
Will I repurchase: No, not because I don’t like it but because I get bored of the same product and like trying out new ones. 😛 I would like to try other products from this brand.