WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Beautiful and shiny hair is what everyone desires. Lustrous locks can add so much to your personality whereas limp, flat and lifeless hair can do the total opposite.
These days you can come across hundreds of products available in the market to add volume to flat and limp hair. They give us the temporary satisfaction but, if you want long term results then nothing works better than the age old home remedies.
Mentioned below are few such remedies to add that much desired volume to your hair.
• Take 3 egg yolks, 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and one Vitamin E capsule. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then apply this mixture on your scalp and hair. Let it stay for about an hour and then rinse off with cold water. Wash your hair with mild shampoo.
• Mix together the white of an egg and 1/ a cup of yogurt. Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair. Make sure to cover the hair to the tips. Cover your hair with shower cap. Now, leave this pack for about 20-30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
• Mix together one tbsp of apple cider vinegar and one tsp of lemon juice in a mug of cold water. Shampoo your hair with your regular shampoo and use this tonic as a final rinse for a volumizing boost.
• Rinsing your hair with flat beer also adds bounce and shine to the hair.
• Take a bowl and mix together one egg yolk, half cup of honey, two tablespoons of olive oil and two small, ripe avocados. Apply this concoction on your entire head and leave on for one to two hours, until it becomes hard. Shampoo and condition as usual.
• In a ceramic cup, chop 1 large jalapeño pepper into very small pieces and add 1/2 cup of vodka in it. Keep this mixture aside and it stand for about 30 days in shade. Strain and discard the jalapeño pieces afterwards and add 2 tablespoons of castor oil in it. Pour this mixture in a clean bottle and store it. Use it as a hair oil.
• Take a tablespoon of date seeds and grind them into a coarse powder. Add this powder in the white of one egg. Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair and let it stay for about 20-30 minutes, after which rinse it off thoroughly with warm water. Shampoo and condition as usual.
• Black pepper and lemon seeds are also known to be good for adding volume and length to the hair. Take a teaspoon each of lemon seeds (finely ground) and black pepper (powdered). Add a few drops of olive oil too make a thick paste. Now apply this paste onto the scalp and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off the mixture with some lukewarm water and wash your hair with mild shampoo.
• Always go for volumizing shampoo and conditioner if you have fine hair.
• Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove the hair products build up from your scalp and restore your hair’s natural volume.
• For about 10 minutes a day, lie with your head down so that more blood comes to your scalp.
• Combing you hair from the back of the neck toward the front helps to revitalize weakened roots. Do this atleast once a day.
• Always drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet of good proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Have a diet rich in Vitamin E for strong and healthy hair.
By adding to the beauty of an individual, healthy hair, also boost ones self confidence. So what are you waiting for just go ahead and try these simple hair care tips. I am sure they would only add to the beauty of your crowning glory.