WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Blackheads are counted as a major skin woe by most women because of their unsightly appearance. Blackheads are raised bumps on the skin, that can appear anywhere on the body, but most prominently show up on the nose and chin area. Blackheads are formed as a result of pores and hair follicles getting clogged with sebum, dead skin cells, dirt and oil. These blackheads feel rough to touch and give your sin an uneven texture and appearance. Once you get rid of blackheads, you will notice how smooth and soft your skin looks and feels. In this post, we are going to list out the best methods to get rid of pesky blackheads from your face. Most people resort to squeezing out these bumps with blackhead remover tool to get rid of them, but it’s a time-consuming process and you cannot get them out all at once. Moreover, squeezing out blackheads can irritate and cause inflammation on your skin. In this post, we are going to tell you about some brilliant ways to get rid of blackheads completely.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads are small bumps that are formed because of dirt, debris, and bacteria clogging up pores. The surface of these bumps, upon exposure to air, oxidize and show up as black, rough dots on the skin. Though blackheads can appear anywhere on the body, like chest, neck, back, but they are most noticeable on nose and chin area.
What causes blackheads?
Excess oil and sebum along with dirt and debris get trapped in open pores and hair follicles. Hormonal change can also cause blackheads.
How to prevent blackheads:
Blackheads can be prevented by following a proper skin care routine. Follow this routine to keep blackheads off your face:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly at the end of the day with a mild cleanser. Remember that using a harsh cleanser or soap can trigger sebaceous glands to produce more oil and therefore there are more chances of all the excess oil clogging up pores.
- Do not forget to remove makeup at the end of the day. Blackheads are caused by clogged pores, so let your skin breathe.
- Include an alcohol-free toner after your cleansing routine to close open pores.
- Rinse your face with cold water often, this will help close open pores.
- Using a glycolic acid-based toner once a day will clear up congestion on your skin and there would hardly be any clogged pore or blackhead.
- Exfoliate weekly with a mild scrub. Do a simple cleanup. Steam your face once a week to open up all pores.
- Use a salicylic-based face wash with 1% or 2% concentration to keep clog-blocking bacteria off your skin.
Home Remedies To Clear Blackheads:
Finally, here are some home remedies that you can totally try to get rid of blackheads. These are super effective remedies that will give you smooth and soft skin. So, let’s start:
1. Homemade blackhead removal mask with gelatin and milk: To make this mask, take 1 tbsp of gelatin and add 2 tbsp of milk into it to make a smooth paste. Double boil this mixture or microwave it for 10 minutes. Let this mixture come to the room temperature and apply it on to the blackheads evenly and keep it on for 20 minutes. Pull off the mask when it dries and stiffens up. After pulling the mask, you would be able to see all the gunk on the dried out mask.
2. Warm water and washcloth therapy: Steam your face for 5 minutes. Now, take a washcloth and dip it in warm water and gently rub it over blackheads. The steam would have loosened up the blackheads and the gentle exfoliation by the wash cloth would dislodge it from skin. After this, rub ice cubes on the area to close open pores.
3. Gentle exfoliator with baking soda and honey: Take 1 tbsp of baking soda and add 2 tbsp of honey to it. It should be a rough paste, apply it in circular motion on blackheads, keep it on for 2 minutes, and rinse off.
4. Homemade activated charcoal and gelatin peel off mask: To make this mask, take 1 tbsp of gelatin, add one or two pinches of activated charcoal to it. Microwave this mixture and apply the paste on to blackheads. Let it sit for 20 minutes and pull off the mask gently. What would you see? Lot of blackhead gunk on the charcoal strip.
5. Egg white and tissue paper for blackheads: Here’s how you can make this maskEgg and tissue paper together can work amazingly to clear off blackheads.
6. Baking soda and toothpaste: Make a pack by mixing baking soda, white toothpaste, and water. With a new toothbrush, apply this mask on your blackheads in circular motion. Rinse off after 5 minutes and use a damp washcloth to remove residue debris.
7. Baking soda and lemon: Take 1 tbsp of baking soda and squeeze in a bit of lemon juice into it. Apply this pack with your fingers on to blackheads and after 20 minutes, rub in circular motion. Rinse off with warm water.
8. Rice powder and gram flour pack: Mix 1 tbsp of rice powder with 1 tbsp gram flour. Make a paste with rose water to form a paste. Apply on to the skin and let it dry.
9. Rice flour and honey: Mix 1 tbsp of rice powder with 1 tbsp of honey. Apply on the skin and let it dry.
10. Cinnamon and honey pack: Make a pack by mixing a bit of cinnamon powder with honey and rice flour. Apply this mix on to the affected area and rinse off after the pack dries.
11. Apple cider vinegar and baking soda mask: Mixing apple cider vinegar with baking soda works really well in dislodging blackheads.
12. Oatmeal and yogurt mask: Make a powder out of oatmeal and mix it with yogurt before applying it on to the blackheads to clear them out.
13. Turmeric and honey pack: Turmeric will clear up blackheads with the natural antibiotics in them. Adding honey will make this a potent mask to prevent acne.
14. Aloe vera and rice flour mask: Aloe vera lets skin heal and when mixed with rice flour, it clears off blackheads.
15. Aspirin mask: Crush a few aspirins and make a paste by mixing it with water. Apply it on to the affected area in a circular motion and rinse off after 10 minutes. Here’s a detailed post on how you can make this pack.
16. Brown sugar and honey: This mask is good to eat too! Brown sugar acts as a gentle exfoliator and along with honey it will clear up blackheads.
17. Tea tree oil and rice flour mask: Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial properties that works to clear up blackheads and rice flour helps to dislodge them.
18. Matcha green tea and multani mitti pack: Matcha green tea is a super food that acts on blackheads and controls excess oil production.
19. Bentonite clay pack: Bentonite clay is great for clearing out congested pores. Mix bentonite clay with just water and apply it on blackheads.
20. Kaolin clay and egg white mask: Kaolin clay draws out impurities from deep down pores and egg white draws out blackheads from the pores.
Hope you liked this post and all you have to say now is bye-bye blackheads!