Bleeding gums are not very pleasing to look at and needless to mention the pain one has to go through while suffering from such problem.
Oral hygiene demands a very little time and money as compared to the pain one takes to take care of skin. But then too many people do not bother about it and hence suffer from various problems like bleeding gums, cavities, bad breath etc.
How many times have you slept with your makeup on? I am sure you can count such incidents on fingers, after all sleeping with your makeup on is not good for your skin. Now let me ask you one more question. How many times do you brush your teeth in a day?
Though we all are aware of the basic oral care step i.e. to brush twice daily yet most of us don’t follow it. The results of our negligence’s are the problems that we face and bleeding gums is one of them.
Causes of bleeding gums:
Bleeding gums can be caused due to the following few factors:
• Forceful brushing
• Hormonal imbalance
• Some medications like oral contraceptives and antidepressants
Some home remedies for bleeding gums:
• Gently rub some clove oil on your gums to get rid of this problem.
• Tea tree oil is very effective in preventing gum problems.
• Massage your gums with a mixture of baking soda and water to keep all the bacteria’s at bay.
• Add some salt in a cup of warm water. Use this water as a mouthwash thrice daily to treat sore gums.
• Rub aloe vera pulp gently on your gums and then rinse your mouth with normal water. Repeat this process few times.
• Add a teaspoon of triphala powder in a glass of lukewarm water. Gargle with this water.
• Peppermint oil, menthol, chamomile are very effective in treating the problem of bleeding gums. Using a mouthwash which has these ingredients will surely help.
• Sugar-free cranberry juice is also very effective in solving the problem of bleeding gums.
• Tea prepared from chamomile leaves will also help in the treatment of bleeding gums.
Some Do’s and Don’ts:
• Take Vitamin C supplements and eat citrus fruits as its deficiency can cause bleeding gums.
• Increase the intake of calcium in your diet.
• Avoid sugar and soft drinks in case your gums are bleeding.
• Brush twice daily. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Be gentle on gums.
• Avoid food items that have a high percentage of saturated fats.
• Avoid the use of tobacco, it only makes it worse.
• Do not go overboard with brushing and flossing your gums.
• Visit a dentist at least twice a year. Getting your teeth cleaned by a professional would only help you maintain your pearly smile for long.
When was the last time you paid a visit to your dentist?
Taking Care of Teeth: Oral Hygiene
Home Remedies for White Teeth
Teeth Care: Dental Advices
Home Remedies for Menstruation Problems
Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Home Remedies for Sunburn