Hi everyone, today’s post is about some causes and home remedies for dark circles. Dark circles can plague both men and women across different age groups. There are many reasons why you may have dark circles. Some of the common causes for dark circles include chronic fatigue, sleep deprivation, hormonal imbalances, ageing, stress, tiredness, oversleeping, sun damage, excessive rubbing of the eyes, side effect of medication, other ailments, etc. Dark circles could also be hereditary in nature. While the right kinds of colour correctors and concealers can help you cover up your dark circles, it’s always a good idea to heal them from within.
Effective Home Remedies For Dark Circles
Here are some easy and helpful home remedies for dark circles under eyes:
1. Green tea bags: Refrigerate a couple of green tea bags (that have been soaked in hot water already). Once chilled, apply these tea bags to your eyes and leave them on for 10 to 15 minutes. The tannins present in the tea, along with the cool temperature, will help lighten your dark circles.
2. Tomato and lemon juice: Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this to the dark circles and wash it off with water after 15-20 minutes. The skin lightening properties of tomato and lemon will work like magic upon your dark circles.
3. Cucumber slices: Cucumber slices are almost synonymous with dark circle remedy. Apply a chilled slice of cucumber to each eye and relax for about 15 minutes. You will instantly find your dark circles reduced and your eyes feeling refreshed.
4. Coconut oil: Coconut oil has been hailed for its many wonderful skin benefits. To reduce dark circles, to moisturize the skin around your eyes and to prevent the signs of premature ageing around your eyes, gently apply some cold pressed virgin coconut oil to your under eye region and leave it on overnight. Do this regularly for best results.
5. Sweet almond oil: Take a few drops of sweet almond oil and gently massage it into the under eye area. Leave it on overnight and wash off with plain water in the morning. The vitamin E in the oil will help with your dark circles.
6. Cold milk: Soak two cotton balls into some raw cold milk and apply them over your eyes. Let the cotton sit over your eyes for 20 minutes. Regular use of cold milk over your eyes will help lighten your dark circles, moisturize the delicate skin around the eyes and prevent signs of premature ageing.
7. Potato juice: Take a raw potato and grate it in order to extract its juice. Soak two cotton pads into the potato juice and apply them over your eyes. Leave them on for 20 minutes. The starch and enzymes present in the potato juice will help heal your dark circles.
8. Rose water: Take two cotton balls and soak them in chilled rose water. Apply them to your eyes and let them sit for about 10-15 minutes. You will find the fatigue around your eyes instantly lifted and your eyes will look and feel refreshed.
9. Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is being hailed as another “cure-all” ingredient. Take a Q-tip and dip it into some pure apple cider vinegar. Gently apply the vinegar to the under eye region and wash it off once dry. Regular use will help lighten your dark circles within a few days.
10. Banana Peel: Don’t throw away the peel next time you eat a banana because the white fiber beneath the skin would help lighten dark circles and even dark spots on the face. The peel is rich in antioxidants, carotenoids, and even polyphenols along with anti-inflammatory properties. The potassium content would also reduce puffiness. Cut the peel into small squares and rub it gently under the eye area and see difference in dark circles within a few weeks.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
8 Effective Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
10 Makeup Rules to Conceal Dark Circles
How to Reduce Dark Circles
Best Under Eye Creams To Reduce Dark Circles
6 Best Ways to Brighten Your Eyes and Get Rid of Dark Circles at the Earliest