Sunburn is just a normal thing; it’s not a skin affliction or disease. 🙂 But yes, sunburn can make your skin look bad. 🙁
I remember how massive sunburn I got on my last trip to Goa, and I bought down the moon and earth together to get rid of it. 🙁
I strictly do not say that only home remedies helped me, but yes home remedies accompanied with the right skin creams and treatments work magic.
Sunburn is not something that only happens when you forget your sunscreen; it may happen even if you have it on.
Here are some of the home remedies and tactics to get rid of sunburn. 🙂
• It sooo happens that after getting a sunburn we cover it with a cloth or cry over it for hours, instead of that ladies just rush to the bathroom and soak the affected area in water. Remember the water shouldn’t be very cold.
• Oatmeal: Grind some oatmeal and add the paste into your bath bucket, and have a bath with this water. You can also use oatmeal contained products like Aveeno. The water for this bath has to be cold, not warm strictly. You can also mix the grinded oatmeal with a egg white and apply the thick paste on the area covered with sunburn.
• Green tea: Prepare your self a pot of green tea and soak in a piece of cloth in it, after cooling it down. Now compress the sunburned area with this cloth. Green tea apparently contains some contents which protect the skin and form the UV damages and also this reduces sunburn inflammation.
• Tea: Tannic acid is great for soothing sunburns. Make yourself a strong tea of around 5- tea bags, cool it down and soak tissues in it. Apply the soaked tissues on the sunburnt areas. You can also spray the tea on the burns. You can also rub the tea bags on the affected areas or even put these used tea bags into your bath bucket.
• Mint: Put some leaves of mint in your bath bucket or dilute few drops of peppermint oil into your bath bucket. This kills the scorch caused by sunburn.
• Vegetables: If the sunburns are massive and excruciating, rub the affected area with a cucumber slice or a potato dice. They cool of the sunburn and also reduce swelling.
• Vinegar: Acetic acid is one of the contents of vinegar, and acetic acid is also an ingredient of medicines like aspirin. The itching, swelling and pain caused due to sunburn can be put to rest by using vinegar. Soak a cloth or tissue papers in vinegar and apply it on the affected areas. Leave them on till the cloth or tissue is dry as the vinegar soaks into the skin. You can even dilute some vinegar in your bath tub and take a bath with this water. Make sure that the water is cold. You can also use apple cider vinegar. Soak some rose petals in vinegar and apply this dilution on the affected areas.
• Baking soda: Make a paste of baking soda and vinegar, and apply this thick paste on the sunburnt area. You can leave this overnight for quick recovery. You can also sprinkle some baking powder in your bath bucket.
• Milk: Soak tissues or towels in milk and apply on the affected area.
• Yogurt: Apply fresh yogurt directly on the affected area.
• Cornstarch: Sprinkle cornstarch all over your bed before going to bed, this will reduce the chafing. This is to be used if you have real bad sunburns.
• Aloe vera: Apply fresh and pure aloe vera gel on the affected area and leave it on. This stops inflammation too.
• Eggs: The egg whites are great for treating skin burns, you can apply it directly on the affected areas or mix it with a spoon of honey and apply it on the sunburnt area.
• Mustard oil: Massage mustard oil on the affected area. Lavender oil and peppermint oil is also great for soothing sunburns.
• Honey: Honey applied directly on the affected area, or honey mixed with milk and applied, both help greatly in curing sunburns. You can also mix honey with lemon juice and apply it.
• Tomatoes: Mix 1/4th cup of tomato puree with 1 and half cup of buttermilk and apply this mixture on the affected area. You can apply smashes potatoes to the affected areas, directly too.
These are some of the tested and tried home remedies for skin sunburns, stay tuned for more. 🙂
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
Sunburn & Pigmentation Problem
Sunscreen: Sunscreens Facts, SPF and Application
Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Home Remedies for White Teeth
28 thoughts on “Home Remedies for Sunburn”
this is what will happen to me if I visit Goa in April 😐 😐 😐
But someone is just so adamant to visit there in summers……….grrrrrrrrr
THanx Zeeba…..this is going to help me a lot :-* :thanks:
heheheheh..i hope they wrok for u jinal.. 🙂
My personal experience says that there is nothing better than the home remedies to treat the sum burns. Yogurt & Aloe Vera have always worked for me :toothygrin:
Pooooooja… 🙂 U are always right,, 🙂
Nice post dear.. I use aloevera. Nd it helps me get rid of both tan nd sunburn. :yahoo: :yahoo:
I knw Asha..aloe vera works wonders for anythng and everythng. 🙂
wow nice useful tips, when summer is around the corner :thanks:
🙂 :waytogo: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
great article zeebaaa…. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: most of your remedies will also work for the oncomg summer which looks to be really HOT !
I knw Priya.. 🙁 Summers…ughhhhh….all kinds of skin issues.. :weep: :weep: :weep:
Nice tips Zeeba! :victory: Even raw potato works really well cos of the starch in it.
was just chking the looks in ur blog ankita.. u hav done superb makeup.. luved both loks # 1 & 2 of urs.. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
i’m definitely going to use these simple home remedies for tanning/sum burn :haanji: :haanji: .. thanks zeeba.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :)) :))
:yelo: gud mOrning,,, :rainbow:
welcome Nids.. 🙂
Nice tips..Thanks Zeeba. Its already very hot in Kerala n all these tips r really helpful.. :)) :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Thanks Sruthi..hope they help u
nice ones zeeba…. i didn’t know d first thing….. will make use of some of these for sure 🙂
sure try them Ramya.. 🙂
Thanks a tOn Zeeba. :thanks: :thanks: . this is wat im lOoking fOr.. nOw u deserve a Bournville,,, O:) O:) :rose: :rose:
send it to me sooon … 🙂
i hate sun…ven eva i go out i tan lyk anything…i used curd and besan but it makes ma skin super dry…so now i’l try our something new…thanku 4 d post… 😉
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Scarleee