WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Sunburn is just a normal thing; it’s not a skin affliction or disease. 🙂 But yes, sunburn can make your skin look bad. 🙁
I remember how massive sunburn I got on my last trip to Goa, and I bought down the moon and earth together to get rid of it. 🙁
I strictly do not say that only home remedies helped me, but yes home remedies accompanied with the right skin creams and treatments work magic.
Sunburn is not something that only happens when you forget your sunscreen; it may happen even if you have it on.
Here are some of the home remedies and tactics to get rid of sunburn. 🙂
• It sooo happens that after getting a sunburn we cover it with a cloth or cry over it for hours, instead of that ladies just rush to the bathroom and soak the affected area in water. Remember the water shouldn’t be very cold.
• Oatmeal: Grind some oatmeal and add the paste into your bath bucket, and have a bath with this water. You can also use oatmeal contained products like Aveeno. The water for this bath has to be cold, not warm strictly. You can also mix the grinded oatmeal with a egg white and apply the thick paste on the area covered with sunburn.
• Green tea: Prepare your self a pot of green tea and soak in a piece of cloth in it, after cooling it down. Now compress the sunburned area with this cloth. Green tea apparently contains some contents which protect the skin and form the UV damages and also this reduces sunburn inflammation.
• Tea: Tannic acid is great for soothing sunburns. Make yourself a strong tea of around 5- tea bags, cool it down and soak tissues in it. Apply the soaked tissues on the sunburnt areas. You can also spray the tea on the burns. You can also rub the tea bags on the affected areas or even put these used tea bags into your bath bucket.
• Mint: Put some leaves of mint in your bath bucket or dilute few drops of peppermint oil into your bath bucket. This kills the scorch caused by sunburn.
• Vegetables: If the sunburns are massive and excruciating, rub the affected area with a cucumber slice or a potato dice. They cool of the sunburn and also reduce swelling.
• Vinegar: Acetic acid is one of the contents of vinegar, and acetic acid is also an ingredient of medicines like aspirin. The itching, swelling and pain caused due to sunburn can be put to rest by using vinegar. Soak a cloth or tissue papers in vinegar and apply it on the affected areas. Leave them on till the cloth or tissue is dry as the vinegar soaks into the skin. You can even dilute some vinegar in your bath tub and take a bath with this water. Make sure that the water is cold. You can also use apple cider vinegar. Soak some rose petals in vinegar and apply this dilution on the affected areas.
• Baking soda: Make a paste of baking soda and vinegar, and apply this thick paste on the sunburnt area. You can leave this overnight for quick recovery. You can also sprinkle some baking powder in your bath bucket.
• Yogurt: Apply fresh yogurt directly on the affected area.
• Cornstarch: Sprinkle cornstarch all over your bed before going to bed, this will reduce the chafing. This is to be used if you have real bad sunburns.
• Aloe vera: Apply fresh and pure aloe vera gel on the affected area and leave it on. This stops inflammation too.
• Eggs: The egg whites are great for treating skin burns, you can apply it directly on the affected areas or mix it with a spoon of honey and apply it on the sunburnt area.
• Mustard oil: Massage mustard oil on the affected area. Lavender oil and peppermint oil is also great for soothing sunburns.
• Honey: Honey applied directly on the affected area, or honey mixed with milk and applied, both help greatly in curing sunburns. You can also mix honey with lemon juice and apply it.
• Tomatoes: Mix 1/4th cup of tomato puree with 1 and half cup of buttermilk and apply this mixture on the affected area. You can apply smashes potatoes to the affected areas, directly too.
These are some of the tested and tried home remedies for skin sunburns, stay tuned for more. 🙂
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
Sunburn & Pigmentation Problem
Sunscreen: Sunscreens Facts, SPF and Application
Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Home Remedies for White Teeth