BB in BB creams stands for blemish balm or beauty benefits. BB creams are promoted as all-in-one facial cosmetic product that can replace your moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock. BB or CC creams have become an essential part of our life these days. I personally have used quite a lot of them, but there was always some problem or the other. Sometimes I would not find the right shade, some would look ashy, some would not have sufficient SPF and some would just make my face super oily.
So, after whining for a long time, I decided to take things in my own hand and make my own “HATKE” BB cream which was suited for my skin tone and texture. Hence, I created this BB cream that is best suited for girls with acne prone, sensitive and combination to oily skin types.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
So, without much ado, let’s get started!
Things You Will Need:
Aloe Vera Gel
Like, FabIndia Aloe Vera Soothing Gel
Oil Free moisturiser
Like, Neutrogena Combination Skin Oil-Free Moisture
Like, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50
Like, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
Like, Streetwear Color Rich Perfection Compact
Like, Fab India Tea Tree Essential Oil
An empty container
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
All the products that I have used in my version of BB cream are my HG products and I have been using them for years now. You can add or subtract a few ingredients to fine tune it according to your requirements.
Uses Of Each Ingredient:
Before we get on to the procedure to make this cream, let us have a look on the usage or significance of these ingredients in our BB cream, one by one. Not getting deep into the biology, just stating simple facts, in a layman’s language.
1) Aloe Vera Gel: It is used for mattifying the base. I hate the oily residue of BB creams and using Aloe Vera gel solves that problem. It makes the BB cream light weight.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
2) Moisturiser: Well, this one is a no brainer. You need a moisturiser to keep the skin well hydrated and moisturised. I am using an oil free one, but you can use whichever moisturiser you want.
3) Sunscreen: I think nobody on IMBB needs to be told the importance of a good sunscreen. I am using SPF 50 in order to have high sun protection, in case I am out for longer in harsh sunlight.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
4) Foundation: To give our BB cream that natural tint, we need to use a foundation. You can adjust the coverage by using more or less of the product, based on your requirements. But, be careful otherwise it could look cakey. I would suggest using this particular foundation because it is matte and looks best in summers.
5) Powder: To mattify the base and give a little more tint.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
6) Tea Tree oil: The whole idea was to make this BB cream beneficial for oily skin, acne prone skin and sensitive skin. So, the tea tree oil serves that purpose and also it prevents any contamination since it is anti bacterial.
How To Make It:
1. Take a container. Mix Aloe Vera gel and moisturizer in the ratio of 2:1.
If you have dry skin, you could change the ratio to 1:1.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
2. Add a blob of sunscreen to this.
3. Add a few drops of the liquid foundation, depending on the coverage you need.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
4. Add a couple of pinches of loose powder.
5. Add 4-5 drops of Tea Tree Oil.
6. Blend everything up using a Q-tip or toothpick.
Tada! Your very own home made BB Cream is ready. You could store it in fridge during summers as it will give you a nice, cooling effect.
That is how simple it is, ladies! I request you to give it a try in case you do not like the BB creams available in the market. Let me know your views on this DIY and if you would like to try it. 🙂
6 Homemade Anti Cellulite Body Scrubs
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner Recipes
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Instant Skin Perfecting BB Cream
BB Cream: Top 20 Blemish Balm Creams
Differences Between Tinted Moisturizer and BB Cream
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
How I Got Rid of Acne
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Top Tips for Oily Skin Care
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin