Homemade Beauty Products
This page is going to be the bible of homemade beauty products. We are slowly going to add all the homemade beauty products tutorials and links to make this page utterly butterly useful. 🙂
Homemade Skincare Products
1. Green Tea Face Scrub for Acne Prone Skin Take 1 green tea bag, 1 spoon honey and 2 spoons rice flour. Dip your tea bag in warm water a couple of times to make the tea leaves moist, which will make for an easy application of the scrub. Now empty the contents of your tea bag in a bowl and gently mash it with a spoon. Add honey and rice flour in the bowl and mix all the ingredients well. Gently rub this mixture on your face and neck in the outward circular motion for 8- 10 minutes and then let it stay on your face for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse your face with lots of water to remove it and then apply your daily moisturizer as usual. Use this scrub twice a week to buff away the dead skin cells and get a radiant acne free complexion.
Note: You can also add 5-6 drops of lemon juice in this scrub if you do not suffer from any skin sensitivity.
2. Papaya and Almond Scrub for Dry Skin Grind handful of almonds into a fine powder and keep them aside in an air tight container. To make papaya and almond scrub take few papaya slices, 2 tsp fresh milk cream and 1 tablespoon honey. Put all the ingredients in a blender to make a paste. Pour this puree in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of almond powder and 1 teaspoon of gram flour in it, mix all the things well so that no lumps are formed. Apply this mixture on your face and let set for about 10 minutes, before washing it off with normal water to get a fresh and visibly brighter skin.
3. Kiwi, Oats and Yogurt Face Scrub for Sensitive Skin Take 1 ripe kiwi, 2-3 tablespoon of powdered oats (just dry and blend the oats till you get a powder, much easier to use than whole oats), 1-2 tablespoon natural unflavoured yogurt and 2 tablespoon honey. Put all these ingredients in a food processor or a blender to make a fine paste. Apply this mixture on a clean face and let it stay on for about 5-10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with normal water.
4. Brown Sugar Body Scrub: If you have a super dry skin and cannot find a product that works for you then make your own moisturising sugar scrub to get rid of the dry flaky skin. Take 8 cups of brown sugar, 2 cups of jojoba oil, 1 cup of apricot kernel oil, 3 tablespoon of honey and tiny amounts of essential oil of your choice. Choose an essential oil that is skin friendly, such as rosemary, lemon, mandarin, vanilla or lavender. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well so that you get a nice consistency paste. You can increase the quantity of honey if you find your scrub too dry for your liking.
5. Oatmeal Body Scrub: Take 4 tbsp of oatmeal and 2 tbsp. of oil (use olive oil if you have normal skin, jojoba if you have dry skin and rose oil if you have sensitive skin) in a clean glass bowl and mix well. Add 4 tbsp of honey and a few drops of your favourite essential oil in the mixture. You can use peppermint oil for rejuvenation, tea tree oil for acne and lavender oil if you have sensitive or damaged skin. Store this scrub in a jar and use it one a week for a smooth, glowing body skin.
1. Cool Cleanser For Summers With Cucumber and Mint: Cut half a cucumber into pieces. Squeeze a lemon to get 1 spoon of lemon juice and put in a bunch of mint leaves. Put the ingredients in a mixer jar and churn. The face cleanser is now ready. Keep it on for 10 minutes and rinse off. Do not use soap.
2. How To Make Cleansing Milk with Oats: Boil oats in a pan under low heat. Stop boiling it when you see the oats becoming thick (like porridge, stop heating when there is a little fluid in it). Now, take this semi-thick oats porridge and filter it. Strain all the liquid (might take a few minutes for the milk to drain out because of the thick consistency of oats). The oats milk will be thick and sticky. Let the milk cool and now its ready to be used as cleansing milk. Use this cleansing milk instead of face wash or after face wash. This mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days, prepare fresh batch after that. Skin feels soft and sunburns will get milder.
3. Tomato Skin Cleanser: Take one medium sized ripe tomato, 2 teaspoon of milk and one teaspoon of orange juice. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a smooth paste. Rub this mixture to the face in gentle circular motions for 2-3 minutes and then let it stay for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with water. You can freeze this cleanser for multiple use. Tomato has natural acids to lighten as well as nourish skin with vitamin C.