This is an effective home remedy to treat dark circles, that too with easily available ingredients, such as coffee and vitamin E. Here’s how you make it:
A few months ago, I read somewhere about the benefits of coffee for our under eye area. It helps in reducing dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles. I further researched and came across “caffeine eye serum.” I loved the concept but the price tag of such serums readily available in the market acted as a deterrent. After doing a bit of research and with a few experiments, I finally could make my own caffeine serum. So, without creating any further suspense, I am quickly going to share with you the list of ingredients required and the procedure involved:
- 2 tbsp coffee powder.
- 6 tbsp almond oil.
- 2 vitamin E capsules.
- Empty container.
- Transfer the coffee powder into an empty container with the help of a spoon.
- Add almond oil and vitamin E serum in the same container.
- Mix all the three ingredients thoroughly.
- Keep aside the container for a week at normal room temperature.
- After a week, filter the oil in a bowl.
- Store the filtered oil in another empty container.
- Your homemade caffeine eye serum is ready to use.
- Gently apply this oil under the eye area before hitting the bed.
Benefits of the ingredients used to make this eye serum:
1. Coffee: It tightens and brightens the skin. It helps in freshening and firming the dull and tired under eye skin. It gently exfoliates the skin and removes all the dead skin. It even helps in eliminating dark circles.
2. Almond Oil: If you are suffering from dark circles or under eye bags, then this oil is one of the most effective solutions that can change your entire life. It helps in reducing/removing dark circles, eye bags, wrinkles, and crow’s feet.
3. Vitamin E Serum: It repairs skin cells and restores collagen. It helps in diminishing age spots and also slows down the procedure of ageing. It firms the area around the eyes and makes it more firm and youthful.
Few points to remember:
1. Do not keep the coffee mixture and oil under the sun. Store it at normal room temperature.
2. You can use coconut oil or olive oil instead of almond oil if you want to.
3. Always use your index finger for application anything around your eyes.
4. You can also apply it on your eyelashes and eyebrows.
I am using this serum from the last one month and I am more than satisfied with the results. It has actually reduced my dark circles up to 60-70% and it has helped me get rid of my under-eye puffiness. Now, I wake up with healthy and fresh eyes. After noticing the positive effects one me, my mum also has started to use this invention of mine. She has been using it from the past two weeks. I won’t say that it has got rid of her wrinkles completely, but it has definitely firmed the skin under her eye area. I feel after she uses this serum for a couple of months, it will work on her crow’s feet too. I know preparing this serum is a bit time consuming, the results which you’ll notice after using it will justify all your efforts. It is a budget friendly and effective substitute for the caffeine serums that are available in the market. So, just go for it and give it a try.
Image Source: 1
How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home
Homemade Coffee and Honey Hair Serum
Homemade Aloe Vera Anti Blemish Serum
Homemade Eye Cream/Serum For Clear Radiant Eyes
Caffeine Addiction and Women
Best Eye Serums Available in India
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion
Korres Wild Rose Face and Eye Serum
Caudalie Vinexpert Eye and Lip Serum