I have been trying a bunch of different homemade DIYS because I love to make things on my own. So, today let us see how to make this quick, easy and cheap DIY Shave Gel.
Things You Will Need:
- Aloe vera gel
- A small wedge of lemon
- Almond oil (or any oil to moisturise your skin)
- Lavender essential oil. (if you have some rose hip oil, add it)
- Vitamin E capsules
As a base I am using store bought Aloe vera gel. But, you could use fresh aloe gel, if you have the plant.
Then, add some oil to nourish your skin and restore the moisture.
I have been addicted to lavender oil and I use it in each and every DIY of mine, hence some lavender essential oil. Rose hip oil or grape seed oil works wonders for the skin, so if you have some, then add them.
I also added 2 vitamin E capsules to the mixture because I had them lying around.
Some Important Points to Keep in Mind:
- Always make the gel in little quantities because it is best made and used fresh.
- All the ingredients can be replaced by some other ingredients. That is the best part of my DIYs.
- Aloe vera gel can be substituted with some thick tomato/papaya pulp.
- Lemon can also be replaced with a tbsp of tomato pulp.
- Make sure that the consistency is neither too thick nor too runny.
- If you have added a lot of liquids to the batch and the gel has become too runny, do not worry add some thick tomato pulp or some besan to make it a bit thicker.
Advantages of This Shave Gel:
- Chemical free.
- Softens the skin since it has oils.
- Relaxes the skin as we used essential oils.
- Removes tan/pigmentation.
- Aloe vera gel soothes the skin.
- Saves money.
Do try this DIY and let me know how it fared for you.
Image Source: 1.
Blueberry Face Pack For Smooth Skin: Do It Yourself
Homemade Body Scrubs for Dry Skin
6 Homemade Body Scrubs For Smooth Skin
Homemade Chemical Free Leave In Conditioner
Two Homemade Chemical-Free Shampoos For Shiny Hair
How to Make Chemical Free Kajal at Home
Gillette Satin Care Sensitive Skin Shave Gel with Aloe Vera
Gillette Venus With A Touch Of Olay Violet Swirl Shave Gel