In this post, I am sharing with you all, do it yourself deep conditioning hair mask. If you have dry scalp or if your hair is frizzy, untamed, dull or if you have split ends, dandruff and flaky scalp, then try this deep conditioning hair mask to revive your hair and scalp. Read on the benefits and recipe of this deep conditioning hair mask.
Ingredients Required To Prepare Deep Conditioning Hair Mask:
1. One ripe avocado
2. One ripe banana
3. Two eggs yolk (I have used farm eggs)
4. Two table spoons argan oil (I have used organic argan oil)
5. Two tablespoons honey (I have used organic honey)
6. One tablespoon cocoa powder (I have used unsweetened, 100% pure cocoa)
Please note that the above measurements are for mid length to long hair, however if you have short hair, you can reduce the above measurements to half. Use half ripe banana, half ripe avocado, one egg yolk, one tablespoon argan oil, one tablespoon honey and half tablespoon cocoa powder.
Benefits of Ingredients:
1. Avacado: Avocado is a rich source of proteins, amino acids, vitamins A, B6, D, E and minerals like copper and iron. Deeply hydrates scalp and hair and helps retain moisture. Helps repair damage by deep conditioning and providing hair and scalp with basic essential nutrients. Helps promote healthy hair. Helps prevent hair damage from free radicals.
2. Banana: Banana is incredibly moisturising, provides adequate hydration to hair and scalp. It is rich in potassium, antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin B6, magnesium and protein. Nourishes and restores health to hair. Banana helps deep condition hair and scalp. Makes hair soft, silky and shiny. Helps tame frizzy hair. Reduces split ends, adding elasticity and manageability. Helps get rid of dandruff and scalp dryness.
3. Egg Yolk: Egg yolk is densely packed with nutrition and proteins, such as biotin, folate, vitamin A, E and D. Nutrients in egg yolk helps promote healthy and glossy hair. Helps to treat dry scalp and brittle hair. Helps resist damages from free radicals and moisturises dry hair and scalp. Helps promote healthy hair growth. Applying egg yolk to your scalp infuses roots with vitamins. New hair will grow stronger and will be less prone to breakage.
4. Argan Oil: Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, which contains antioxidants. It is extremely beneficial for hair and scalp. It helps boost cells and promote healthy and strong hair. Argan oil has moisturising properties which helps to get rid of dandruff and dry scalp. Helps fight after effects and damages done through chemical treatments, hair dyes, etc. Helps treat split ends. Argan oil is an excellent conditioner for scalp and hair.
5. Honey: Honey is an emollient, rich in antioxidants, has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Helps prevent damage, keeping scalp and hair healthy. Honey locks in moisture, keeping hair conditioned. Strengthens hair follicles, curbing hair fall. Helps prevent scalp infections, soothe dry scalp and get rid of issues like dandruff. Honey cleans hair follicles by getting rid of impurities. Promotes hair growth and stimulates hair re-growth from dormant follicles.
6. Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder contains fats, proteins, tannins, vitamins, antioxidants, organic acids and minerals like magnesium.Cocoa powder in hair mask activates blood circulation of the scalp, stimulating hair follicles. Provides nutrition to scalp and hair follicles. Helps repair scalp and hair. Prevents hair damage. Improves hair structure and strengthens weak and damaged hair.Helps prevent hair loss. Adds vibrancy, shine, volume and promotes healthy hair growth.
How To Prepare Deep Conditioning Hair Mask:
Step 1: Assemble all the ingredients required so that you do not miss out anything.
Step 2: Peel one ripe avocado and one ripe banana and then slice it into small pieces in a bowl or a soup plate.
Step 3: Then using a fork, mash the avocado and banana nicely to make purée.
Step 4: To this purée, add two egg yolks, two tablespoons argan oil, two tablespoons honey, one tablespoon cocoa powder.
Step 5: Blend all the ingredients nicely and make sure no chunks are left. Deep conditioning mask is ready to apply.
How To Apply Deep Conditioning Hair Mask:
Partition your hair nicely and start applying the mask from roots and work towards the strands. Apply this mask all over your scalp and on each and every strand. Make sure you have applied all over your scalp and hair. Tie your hair into a loose bun or clip it up with a banana clip. Cover your hair with a shower cap. Then, cover your head with an old towel moistened in warm water. This will help deep penetration of the hair mask. Make sure to squeeze out the excess water from the towel before covering your head. You can soak yourself in a warm water bath tub, while this mask works. I like to do my manicure and listen to soft music. You can leave this mask on your hair for fifteen to thirty minutes. Rinse your hair and scalp thoroughly with lukewarm water. Follow up with a mild shampoo to cleanse your hair nicely. I use a scalp shampoo without sulphate to wash my hair after using this hair mask. You can skip using conditioner, since your hair is deeply conditioned. Let your hair dry naturally and touch them to feel the difference. You can use this mask once in a week or as and when required.
Hope the above information is useful to you all. Thanks for reading!
13 Best Hair Masks and Deep Conditioners
20 Best Hair Masks For Healthy Hair
DIY Homemade Natural Shampoo for Hair
Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack
Hask Argan Oil Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment
Deep Conditioning Treatment at Home
Suave Professionals Deep Conditioning Shine Mask
Deep Conditioning Chocolate Banana Facial Mask
Matrix Biolage Smooththerapie Deep Smoothing Masque
10 Homemade Deep Conditioning Hair Masks
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth