In this world, everybody thinks they need to lose weight, there is not a single person out there who feel that they are slim enough. While there are a lot of ways such as dieting and workout to lose weight if you are determined enough with a strong will power, there are other healthy and quick ways to shed those extra pounds as well. We are talking about detox drinks here. Homemade detox drinks can help you lose weight by burning fat, getting rid of toxins, and rejuvenating body’s whole metabolism. Detox drinks are full of nutrients and vitamins, and they help in boosting your metabolism. In this post, we are going to tell you in detail about everything you need to know about these magical drinks. They are easy to prepare, you just need to source out the ingredients. If you drink detox drinks, you would see a good change in not only your body, your skin will shine, and your hair will become lustrous too.
Why Should You Think About Detox?
The main purpose of taking in detox drinks is to cleanse the body of harmful toxins that have accumulated in the body and are harming your body in more ways than you know. If you are feeling tired all the time and if you are skin and hair have become lifeless, it’s time to think of detoxing your system. Buildup of toxins in your body can make you fall sick frequently too. Detoxification focusses on cleaning out liver and your blood. It also helps to bring your sluggish metabolism back on track. Some detox drinks can create heat in the body which would in turn lead to faster calorie burn and thus help you lose weight. They get rid of harmful toxins and help you go through each day with absolute energy.
Tips While Making Homemade Detox Drinks:
- Pick locally-sourced ingredients rather than looking for exotic because local produce is fresh.
- Avoid processed food, beverages, soda when you are consuming detox drinks.
- Avoid oily food.
- Avoid gluten-rich food, caffeine, and alcohol.
Benefits of Homemade Detox Drinks:
Detox drinks can give you:
- Clear skin.
- Lose weight.
- They can flush out toxins.
- Accelerated metabolism.
- They can reduce bloating.
- Improved immune system.
- Balanced blood sugar levels.
- Clean digestive system.
- Clean colon.
- They cleanse your liver.
- They fight free radicals.
- Give nutrient shots to your body.
Best Ingredients to Make Homemade Detox Drinks:
- Kale: It has protein, fiber, manages blood sugar levels, vitamins A, C and K, omega-3 fatty acids.
- Spinach: Excellent source of vitamin A, K, vitamin C, folate, manganese, magnesium, iron, and vitamin B2.
- Bottle gourd or doodhi: Helps with digestion, high fiber and water content, rich source of vitamin C, K, and calcium.
- Celery: Excellent sources of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins such as folate, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
- Green Apple: Low fat content, rich source of vitamin A and C.
- Ginger: Balances blood sugar level, helps in losing weight.
- Lemon: Increases metabolic rate, high vitamin C content, helps lose weight.
- Pomegranate: Antioxidants, vitamin C, prevents cancer, prevents heart disease.
- Watermelon: Vitamin A, B6, and C, lycopene, antioxidants, amino acids.
- Chia seeds: Whole grain food, excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants.
- Mint: Speeds up digestion.
- Apple: Rich in antioxidants, flavanoids.
- Beetroot: Boosts weight loss, improves digestion, boosts brain health.
- Carrot: Rich in vitamin K, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry: Slows down ageing, increases metabolic activity, boosts immunity, reduces blood sugar.
- Cucumber: Low in calories, high in minerals and vitamins, vitamin C.
- Coconut water: Vitamin C, magnesium, potassium content.
- Pineapple: Rich in antioxidants, vitamin C.
- Wheatgrass: Excellent source of vitamin A, C, and E, and antioxidants.
- Lemongrass: Full of antioxidants, regular blood pressure, great for skin and hair.
- Aloe vera: Repairs skin cells, boosts immune system, helps with weight loss.
- Spirulina: Protein, vitamin B1, B2, B3, copper, iron.
- Kiwi: Vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, antioxidants.
- Strawberries: Regulates blood sugar, high vitamin C.
- Oranges: High vitamin C content.
- Blueberries: Low in calories, high in antioxidants.
- Cayenne pepper: Thermogenic food, increases metabolism, reduces hunger.
- Apple cider vinegar: Helps with weight loss, lowers blood sugar.
Will Detox Drinks Help You Lose Weight:
Detox drinks help in kickstarting your metabolism. A lot of detox drinks contain heat-generating ingredients that burn fat quickly.
How To Make Detox Drinks:
To make detox drinks, you can either blend all the ingredients together or you can let the ingredients sit in plain water overnight to let all the ingredients infuse their nutrients into the water. It’s totally upon you how you choose to drink. If you choose to blend, strain and filter the liquid for easy consumption.
Recipes of 50 Detox Drinks:
You can blend all the ingredients to get a smoothie-like consistency liquid or infuse all the ingredients in a jar of water and allow it to set overnight. Start drinking the detox drink on an empty stomach in the morning. You can drink up to 4 to 6 glasses of detox drink in a day.
1. Make a drink with slices of cucumber, one full lemon, and a few leaves of mint.
2. Take 10 strawberries, 1 lemon, 5 to 6 mint leaves, and 4 glasses of water. Blend everything together.
3. In 1 cup water, add 1 tbsp flaxseed, 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana, half cup spinach, 3 almonds, 2 tbsp lemon juice. Blend everything together.
4. Take half an inch of ginger, 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, squeeze one lemon, and add as water as needed.
5. Ginger, mint, turmeric, green tea flat belly detox: Boil water, add 1 tbsp of turmeric, strain a bag of green tea, and add in a few leaves of mint. Let the liquid cool down and consume it on empty stomach.
6. Squeeze juice from one whole orange, add half a carrot, and one inch ginger. Blend everything together.
7. Take one large beetroot, 1 whole apple, 1 lemon and blend everything together.
8. ABC juice – take one apple, one beetroot, one whole carrot. Slice everything and blend together with half an inch ginger.
9. Oatmeal, parsley, coriander leaves: Moist half a cup of oats and add three small pieces of cinnamon. Add a handful of parsley leaves or coriander leaves and blend everything well by adding water.
10. Spinach, apple, ginger, lemon – This drink is a vitamin boost. Take one cup of spinach leaves, add one inch ginger, one apple, and one lemon. Blend everything together by adding enough water.
11. Cilantro and cinnamon powder: Make a drink by adding enough water to half a cup of cilantro and half a tbsp of cinnamon powder.
12. Bananas, strawberries, apples, coconut water: Take one banana, a few strawberries, one apple, and blend together everything by adding enough coconut water.
13. Kiwi, ginger, lemon: Take 2 kiwi fruit, add half an inch of ginger, and squeeze one full lemon. Blend together by adding enough water.
14. Matcha green tea, pineapple, mango: Take 1 tbsp of matcha green tea, a few slices of pineapple, and a few pieces of mango. Blend together everything into a smoothie-like consistency.
15. Pomegranate, pineapple, lemon: Take one whole pomegranate fruit, extract the seeds, a few pineapple pieces, and one whole lemon. Blend everything together.
16. Spinach, kale, apple, lemon: Take one cup of spinach, half a cup of kale, one whole apple, and lemon. After blending and straining, you would get a powerful green detox juice.
17. Strawberries, apple, lemon: Blend together a few strawberries, apple, strained green tea liquid, one whole lemon.
18. Lemon and amla juice: This drink is the best vitamin C shot. Make a juice out of a few amla and squeeze in lemon. Add enough water. Add one tbsp honey to sweeten everything up.
19. Turmeric, lemon, cayenne pepper: Take 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp of turmeric powder, 1 tbsp coconut oil, half inch ginger, 2 tbsp honey. Mix everything together and drink on empty stomach.
20. Grapefruit, banana, strawberry, honey or stevia: Take one grapefruit, 1 tbsp of grated ginger, half a banana, a few strawberries and blend everything together. Add stevia or honey if you wish.
21. Ayurvedic detox drink – Boil half a tsp of cumin seeds, half a tsp of coriander seeds, half a tsp of fennel seeds. Let it cool down and now drink the detox tea.
22. Mango, ginger, lemon: Slice a few ripe mango pieces, add an inch of grated ginger, and squeeze in a lemon. Blend everything together.
23. Cranberry and ACV: In a glass, mix together cranberry juice, water, 2 tbsp of ACV, and half a lemon.
24. ACV, cinnamon, lemon: In a glass of water, mix 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar, and half a tsp of lemon juice.
25. Lemon, ginger, and honey: You might have heard about this drink a million times. In a warm glass of water, add 1 tsp of grated ginger, and squeeze in one whole lemon.
26. Mix 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup of frozen cranberries, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, one tsp of chia seeds. You can also add walnut, avocados, and half a cup of water. Blend everything together.
27. Take 5 glasses of water, one cucumber sliced, 2 tbsp grated ginger, one lemon, 8 mint leaves. Mix everything together and blend well.
28. Take 10 strawberries, a few slices of watermelon, 8 to 10 mint leaves, add water to blend.
29. Take 1 cucumber, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup parsley, half cup celery, 1 lemon. Blend everything together by adding water.
30. Take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon, 1 glass of water, 1 tbsp of honey, a pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 tbs of lemon juice. Mix everything well.