At some point of time in our life, most of us face an issue of “Stretch Marks”. Stretch marks are not a disease, which infect the human body, but are the scars formed due to contraction and expansion of skin. They are basically caused by stretching of the skin.It can be due to weight gain or weight loss or can be due to pregnancy. We cannot prevent the stretch marks from occurring, but definitely can take measures so that they are reduced.
Today, I am going to share an easy homemade gel that I have been using from the 4th month of my pregnancy and until now, I have not seen any severe stretch marks. Right now I am in my seventh month!
We get a lot of creams available in the market which aim at treating stretch marks, but as far as I have heard from my peers and friends, none of them were able to keep up to the claims. One of my friends told me this recipe that she used during her second pregnancy and was very happy with the results.
This gel can easily be prepared at home with inexpensive ingredients. Read below on how to make it:
Things you will need:
• Aloe Vera Gel
• Olive Oil
• Almond Oil
• Vitamin E oil
• Vitamin A oil
In a mixing bowl, take 2 tbsp. of Aloe Vera Gel. You can you any natural gel that you have. I used Green Leaf Aloe Vera Gel.
• Add 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil. I used Farrell’s olive oil.
• Add 1 tbsp. Almond Oil. I used Roghan Badam Sirin.
• Take 4 Vitamin E capsules available at any pharmacy; cut them open and add the oil to the mixing bowl.
• Take 5 Vitamin A capsules available at any pharmacy; cut them open and add the oil to the mixing bowl.
• Mix all the ingredients nicely with the help of a spoon or you can use clean finger to mix nicely.
• Store it in an air tight box and you can store it in the refrigerator for cooling effect in summers.
This quantity I mentioned above lasts for 8-9 days, if I apply it twice daily. I try and make it for 8 days and then make it again to be used fresh. As I have used Aloe Vera gel, this mixture is not at all oily and sticky. It dries within 2 minutes. I am happy that it does not leave any oily patches on my clothes and is perfect for summers as well.
Below are the benefits of all the ingredients used in the preparation of this Gel:
• Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera contains Vitamin E and Collagen that have proven to increase skin elasticity.
• Olive Oil: Olive oil, with its rich content of vitamin E is perfect to apply on areas where stretch marks may appear.
• Almond Oil: Contains high amount of Vitamin E and helps in moisturizing the affected areas.
• Vitamin E Capsule: It helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin.
• Vitamin A Capsule: It aids in reducing wrinkles and fade spots. It increases blood flow to the surface of the skin.
So friends, what are you waiting for? Give this cel a try and get lovely smooth skin.
Stretch Marks: Cure and Treatment
Stretch Marks- Causes
Stretch Marks and Dark Under Arms Cure
How To Make Cocoa and Shea Butter Body Cream: Do It Yourself
Homemade Cocoa Lip Butter: Do It Yourself
How To Make Homemade Eye Makeup Remover
How to Use Bio Oil for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks
Top 15 Stretch Marks Removal Creams and Oils in India