During this winter time, my hair and scalp have been super dry which makes my scalp become very flaky and I started seeing a lot of dandruff shedding from my hair. So, instead of turning to harsh over-the-counter anti-dandruff shampoos and treatments, I decided to make my own super effective 2 in 1 dandruff treatment/hair conditioner at home.
Things you will need:
- 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds.
- Mortar and pestle.
- 2 tbsp yogurt.
- Juice of half a lemon.
- Get all your ingredients together and let’s begin.
- First take the fenugreek seeds and make a powder of it using the mortar and pestle. You can use a grinder too, but I found that with such small quantity, it’s best to use a mortar and pestle which also helps you control how fine or gritty you want the powder to be.
- Make the powder as fine as you can.
- Take some yogurt and whip it with juice of half a lemon and add the powder of fenugreek seeds.
- Apply and massage it into the scalp, especially in the areas you feel you have more dandruff. The grittiness from the fenugreek seeds works to exfoliate the skin on your scalp and also improves blood circulation which in turn promotes healthy hair growth.
- Keep it on for about 10-15 minutes and the wash off with shampoo and lukewarm water as usual.
If you have a mild case of dandruff or if it’s just starting to develop, I can guarantee you will notice that your dandruff will go away instantly. If you have severe case of dandruff, use this treatment twice a week and it will work miracle on you.
Yogurt has natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It helps in stimulating hair growth by acting as a natural cleanser, while helping you get rid of the unwanted dandruff from your scalp. Yogurt also acts as a great hair conditioner. It deeply nourishes hair from the inside and makes it shinier and smoother.
Fenugreek seeds contain protein and nicotinic which are extremely useful against hair fall, dandruff and help to treat variety of scalp issues like dryness of hair. It cures baldness and hair thinning and soothes the scalp. It contains large amounts of lecithin as well which hydrates the hair and provides strength to the roots making the hair shiny and full of luster.
Lemon juice is proven to get rid of dandruff naturally. It’s citric acid content helps you fight dandruff from the roots of the hair follicles. It also helps in controlling and reducing excess oil secretion on hair and scalp which could be a contributing factor leading to dandruff.
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends
Best Homemade Treatments For Hair Loss in Women
Homemade Oil Treatment for Soft and Shiny Hair: Do It Yourself
Best Homemade Anti-Dandruff Hair Packs
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Homemade Cinnamon Treatment For Pimples
Jovees Anti Dandruff Shampoo
L’occitane Aromachologie Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Best Salicylic Acid-Based Products for Acne-Prone Skin
Kaya Skin Clinic Anti Dandruff Lotion