Homemade Hand Treatment Recipes
Your hands have to put up with so much of stress throughout the day. Whether you are cooking the finest dish or writing an amazingly creative stuff, making debit/credit entries in office or just bathing your baby in a tub, your hands do it all. At the same time, you should try to keep your hands beautiful as they speak a lot about the kind of person you are and the basic hygiene that you maintain. So, why not treat your hands with some of the best homemade hand treatment recipes? Read on to know some of the easiest homemade hand treatment recipes that you can opt for.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Why homemade hand treatment recipes?
The homemade hand treatment recipes could be just one of those convenient yet inexpensive ways to pamper your hands. Done regularly, your hands will look great and feel soft. At the same time, they deliver wonderful results if done religiously and regularly.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Homemade hand treatment-The basic regimen
The basic homemade hand treatment regimen should ideally include the following-
- Scrubbing the hands with a hand scrub
- Application of hand masks
- Application of hand softeners
- Opting for a hand soak, once in a while
- Moisturizing hands
Homemade hand treatment recipes
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Lemon-Sugar hand scrub- Mix two spoons of sugar with the juice of half a lemon. Rub your hands thoroughly with the scrub. It is best done at night, before you retire to bed. Apart from making your hands feel smooth, it adds some glow as well. Moreover, it takes care of dark patches and rough knuckles.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• Brown sugar hand exfoliant and softener- Mix two spoons of brown sugar with a spoon of baby oil. If baby oil is not available, you can use virgin olive oil instead. Use this mixture to rub your hands in washing motion. Do this for 1 minute and then, wash off with lukewarm water.
• Lime-tomato hand softener- Mix lime juice and tomato juice in equal quantities. Add a spoon of glycerin. Massage the concoction on your hands for five minutes. Rinse with trepid water. If your hand feels rough, this treatment will surely soothe the skin.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
• Honey-olive oil hand mask- Mix honey and olive oil in equal quantities and apply it on your hands. Leave on for about 30 minutes and rinse. You may also choose to wear cotton gloves while using this hand mask. It makes your hand feel soft and nourished.
• Glycerin-Rosewater hand nourishing lotion- Mix two spoons of rose water with a spoon of glycerin. Apply it on your hands and massage whenever your hand feels dry. This can be done as often as you want.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
• Castor-Olive oil hand lotion/soak- Mix castor oil and olive oil in equal quantities. The mixture should now be warmed a bit. Add a dash of lemon juice. It is best taken in adequate quantity in a bowl, where you can soak your hands for about 20 minutes. Massage your hands as you soak them. It helps to boost blood circulation and naturally, you get soft glowing hands.
• Honey-banana hand moisturizing mask- This recipe is all yours if you suffer from excessively dry and coarse hands. Mix pureed banana, pure honey, lemon juice and butter in equal quantities. Apply the mask on your hands and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse off. If you think your hand still feels dry, you can repeat the procedure.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
• Shea butter-beeswax hand cream- 4 spoons of beeswax and 8 spoons of Shea butter should be melted together. About 8 spoons of primrose oil need to be added along with a few drops of lavender essential oil. Now transfer the mixture in a jar and leave it to solidify. It has a long shelf life. Use it to treat chapped and extremely dry hands.
Homemade hand treatment recipes-Tips
• Olive oil is an immediate savior of your dry and rough hands.
• Be regular with your hand treatment sessions. Homemade recipes work wonders if you are regular in your efforts.
• It is always a great idea to keep your hands moisturized with an oil/ homemade recipe/ hand-cream of your choice.
P.S. While most of the recipes mentioned have been tried by me, a few have been gathered solely from internet research.