Getting “Rapunzel-like” hair is every girl’s dream. Throughout my teenage years, I used to hate my curly hair. Over time and numerous trial and errors, I have realized the importance of strong, healthy hair rather than silky straight hair. To get long strong and healthy hair, I use this easy hair mask. Keep scrolling to learn how to whip up this easy pack.
- Henna Powder (as per your length): I have shoulder length hair and I take around 6 heaped tablespoons. I am using Himalaya Henna powder as this is completely herbal and enriched with ingredients like amla and curry leaves.
- Bhringaraj Powder: 2 tablespoons.
- Hibiscus powder: 2 tablespoons. For convenience, I use store bought hibiscus powder. If you have the time and can make hibiscus powder yourself, nothing like it. You can also ground freshly plucked flowers and add it into the mix.
- Rosemary Oil: 7-8 drops.
How To Make:
- Add all the ingredients.
- Mix with water and add rosemary oil.
Pro tip: You can make this pack more potent by adding ‘powered’ water. You can use water boiled with neem/tulsi/curry leaves and ginger to add antibacterial and hair strengthening benefits.
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed wooden comb to detangle knots.
- Gently massage your scalp, stimulating blood circulation.
- Apply the mixture, starting from roots to tips.
- Leave it on for 1-2 hours.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Use a conditioner/serum to add some extra moisture.
- Air dry and comb.
Henna: Henna has been used by women for centuries to improve follicle health, add color, shine and strength to hair. It treats dandruff and hair fall, makes hair clean and lustrous.
Bhringaraj: Bhringaraj is a hair rejuvenator. This herbal powder possesses anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a potent Ayurvedic herb to prevent hair loss, treat itchy scalp and fight premature greying of hair.
Hibiscus: Hibiscus stimulates hair growth and nourishes hair. It acts as a natural conditioner and hair protectant, reversing early baldness and treating a plethora of hair problems.
Rosemary Oil: Rosemary oil acts as an excellent tonic for hair. It strengthens hair while slowing the graying of hair, preventing hair loss, and moisturizing dry scalp to relieve dandruff.
Together these ingredients create a powerful concoction that target scalp issues and give nourishment to hair follicles. Use it once or twice a month and see the difference.
Disclaimer: Use of these herbal powders can cause fading of hair dyes. If you have chemically treated hair, this pack will strip away the chemicals with time. Hence, proceed only if you are okay with the consequences.