How is the New Year coming along? Currently, winters are at its peak and I am enjoying every moment of it. In the morning, it becomes so difficult to get up on time, I just do not feel like getting up: P, I am sure you all will agree with me. Anyway, today I am sharing a DIY with you all. We all love applying makeup in some or the other way. Some of us don’t wear a lot of makeup but I am sure no one would be stepping out of home without kohl or eyeliner, if nothing else. Removing makeup becomes a task especially after a tiring day, but no matter what, it has to be removed at the end of the day. So, here is a very simple DIY, which makes removing makeup very easy and makes use all natural ingredients, which are available at home.
- Cotton pads – 10 pieces.
- No tears baby shampoo- ½ tbsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil- 1 tbsp.
- Rose water or distilled water- ¼ cup.
- A bowl for mixing.
- An airtight container for storing.
How To Make:
1. Gather all the ingredients. In a mixing bowl, measure ¼ cup of distilled water or rose water. You can also simply boil water, let it cool down and then use it. I am using rose water here.
2. Add in ½ tbsp of No Tears Baby Shampoo, I am using Johnson’s one. Mix it with water. No-tears shampoo will not sting your eyes.
3. Add in a tsp of extra virgin olive oil. If you have dry skin, then you can increase the proportion slightly more, to make it more moisturizing and mix it well.
4. Now, take a small, round, clean, spill-proof container, as we are going to store it upside down. Sanitize it well with a hand sanitizer. Pile in cotton pads into this container. I am making a smaller batch, so I am using 10 pieces, you can double up the proportions.
5. Next, pour in the prepared liquid covering the pads completely, and then close the cap and store it upside down, so that all the cotton pads stay moist. Store the container upside down.
Now, does it really work? Yes it does. Simply take a pad and hold it on your eyes or face for around 5 seconds, to let it loosen up and then gently swipe. Here in this demo, I have used a long stay lipstick and Maybelline gel eyeliner. Many of the times, the lipstick fades off, but leaves behind stain, especially if it is a darker color, and these pads remove all traces of makeup. I think gel eyeliner is the most difficult to remove, but this pad wipes it off too. Make sure you don’t start rubbing the delicate eye area, hold the pad there for a few seconds and then gently swipe it. These pads also remove foundation and concealer pretty well, but it is always best to follow up with a face wash to deep cleanse the face.
If store properly, it stays well for two weeks. I have never stored it for more than that, I make it every week and therefore, make it in a smaller batch. Do give it a try and let me know how it worked for you. I love hearing all your lovely comments: D
Homemade Soothing Eye Pads: Do it Yourself
Homemade Rose Water Toner: Do It Yourself
Homemade Soothing Eye Mask: Do It Yourself
Homemade Conditioning Hair Mask: Do It Yourself
Homemade Undereye Treatment – Do It Yourself
Home Made Cream for Cracked Heels:Do It Yourself
ELF Eye Makeup Remover Pads
Hip Hop Instant Makeup Remover Pads
Audrey’s Cotton Makeup Removal Pads
LA Colors Nail Polish Remover Pads