The sunny summers not only wreck havoc on our skin but destroy our hair too. Dry hair, split ends, frizzy and brittle hair are just few among many summer hair problem. Whether you have super thick and curly, or very fine and straight hair, you need to give them some extra attention during the hot summer months.
Mentioned below are few homemade hair masks that will help you to hydrate, rejuvenate and revitalize your hair.
• Mix together ½ cup honey, 1-2 tbsp olive oil and 1-2 tbsp of egg yolk in a bowl. Apply this mixture on your hair and leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
• Take 1/2 of ripe avocado, 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 egg yolk. Mix all the ingredients well and then smooth this mask on your dry hair and leave it in place for at least 15 minutes. Rinse off the mask thoroughly with warm water, but do not shampoo. Wash and condition as usual the next morning.
• Take 1 egg white, 1/4 cup plain organic yogurt and 1/4 cup mayonnaise. Beat egg white until frothy and then mix in yogurt and mayonnaise. Massage this mixture into wet hair and then cover your hair with a shower cap. Leave the mask on for about 30 minutes and then wash out with a mild shampoo. Use it as a monthly treatment to get silky and manageable hair.
• Take one tablespoon honey, two tablespoon castor oil and one egg. Mix all the ingredients well to form a paste and then apply this mask on your hair. Leave on for about an hour, then shampoo and condition as usual to add softness and shine to your dull and dry hair.
• Mix an equal amount of castor oil, mustard oil, and olive oil in a glass bottle. Shake them well and apply this mix into your hair and scalp Wrap your hair up in a towel and let it set for thirty minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual. This is an excellent hair tonic that improves the condition of your hair and scalp.
• Take 1 medium banana, 1 egg, 1/2 avocado, 2 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp buttermilk and 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Put all the ingredients in a blender to get a smooth consistency. Apply this mask from roots to tips and leave it on for about half an hour and then wash out with a moisturizing shampoo. Slather your hair in this rich mask to bring back its lost lustre.
Apart from these just keep in mind to:
• Drink at least 8 glasses of water on a daily basis in order to balance the production of oil.
• Avoid the use of styling products on your hair.
• Avoid using detergent based shampoos.
• Don’t wash your hair with too hot water.
• Make sure that you massage your scalp every week as this increases the blood circulation.
Homemade Hair Packs for Dry Damaged Hair
How To Fix Damaged Hair
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Summer Hair Care: Tips for Healthy Hair in Hot Weather
L’occitane Repairing Serum for Dry Damaged Hair Review
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
Homemade Tan Removal Pack
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
10 Homemade Deep Conditioning Hair Masks