We all want beautiful, clean and problem-free skin, don’t we? Cleansing, toning and moisturizing every day is the first step towards getting a flawless skin. There are several readymade options available in the market as per various skin types; however, natural ingredients provide permanent and effective solution for various skin concerns. Today’s post is about one such effective and easy-to-prepare toner for people with combination and oily skin.
- Mint leaves.
- Neem leaves.
1. First, take 8-10 stems of mint (pudina) plant. Wash it properly with tap water and sort out the leaves. Wash the leaves well and place them in a container.
2. Now, take some 35-40 neem leaves, wash them properly and put them in a separate container. You can also take neem fruit (nimboli) if you like. I usually use nimboli too while making various face packs using neem leaves.
3. Boil a concoction of mint leaves in a tumbler of water and when this concoction remains about half the original volume of water, switch off the flame and let the liquid cool down to normal room temperature. The liquid looks yellowish-green in colour and has a herbal aroma.
4. Repeat the process with neem leaves and nimboli as well.
5. Now, separate the liquid from leaves using a strainer for both mint and neem concoction.
6. Mix both the concoctions together.
7. Now take a lemon, squeeze out the juice into the concoction as per your requirement. I generally add the juice of half a piece of lemon in this toner.
8. Mix the liquid well and transfer it in a bottle for future use.
1. You can apply this toner all over your face leaving out the under eye area and area around the lips.
2. Store this toner in the refrigerator and you can use it for a maximum of 5-6 days, you can make a fresh batch afterwards. If at any point, you notice a weird smell, discard it and make a fresh batch.
3. While you use this toner on a regular basis, don’t forget to apply sunscreen religiously as the lemon present in this toner makes your skin extra sensitive towards the harmful UVA/UVB sun rays.
This toner is my HG toner and I am using it since the last six months. This toner is easy to make and very effective when it comes to toning my oily and acne-prone skin. Now, I am detailing out the benefits of individual ingredients used in this toner:
- Mint: Mint leaves naturally have a sufficient content of salicylic acid which is well known for treating acne and also clears away dead sin cells. Mint deeply cleanses pores and also prevents excess sebum secretion.
- Neem: Neem leaves cure various skin infections including the infections caused by fungus. Neem is renowned for clearing pimples, blackheads and occasional breakouts.
- Lemon: Lemon is power packed with ascorbic acid which is awonder ingredient and a boon for oily skin. It lightens complexion and also prevents zits and blemishes.
Girls, isn’t this toner easy to make? It’s effective and natural. When we have so many beneficial ingredients around us, then why to opt for harmful chemicals. Pick some ingredients as per your own skin type and prepare a toner for yourself too, just like I did to prepare this effective toner for myself.
Homemade Apricot Scrub: DIY
Homemade Hair Conditioners With Kitchen Ingredients
5 Best Homemade Coffee Face Packs
5 Homemade Orange Peel Face Packs
Nature’s Essence Mint Cleanser
Matrix Biolage Scalp-Therapie Cooling Mint Shampoo
5 Homemade Mint Face Packs
Khadi Face Freshner Mint and Cucumber
Homemade Neem and Tulsi Toner
FabIndia Neem Tulsi Skin Toner
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner Recipes
Revayur Skin Toner with Lemon Extract
Homemade Scrub For Underarms: Do It Yourself
Skin Polishing Coffee Scrub: Do It Yourself
Rice and Sugar Foot Scrub: Do It Yourself