Hello my dear lovelies!
It feels great to write another article and that too on something close to my heart! I am talking about a luxurious body polish, you must have read the name already 😛 Anyway, I love anything that makes me feel good, body scrub, or for that matter any scrub is one of them! I do not like store-bought scrubs for some unknown reason, so I have always made them at home! This scrub is so moisturizing, looks so good, feels amazing and it’s so easy, requires only a handful of ingredients that you probably have on hand, so let’s just gets started, shall we? 😀
- Rose petals or rose powder.
- Vanilla (essential oil, paste or vanilla beans).
- Oil (any oil would do, I have used coconut oil).
- Lavender essential oil.
- Rose Water or extract.
- Pink non-toxic food colouring.
I haven’t used the optional ingredients just because I loved the way it turned out, but by all means, you could use them if you want to!
1. In a mixer, add the sugar, rose petals or powder, two to three drops of lavender essential oil and your selected oil and run it for about 30 seconds or till the rose petals have been crushed up. The mixture should be pinkish in colour.
2. Add in the vanilla and mix it well with a spoon.
3. Now store this in a container.
4. I suggest to add honey and rose water (optional) whenever you want to apply the body polish.
5. Gently massage your body with the scrub for about 5 minutes and wait for an additional 5 minutes so that the ingredients get time to work their magic and then wash off with lukewarm water.
6. Do not forget to moisturize your skin afterwards!
This body polish can be used on face and lips too! Just avoid the hairline, eye and eyebrow area.
If you are using food color to add color to your scrub, then add a drop of it before you start the mixer. If you are using fresh rose petals, then I suggest that you make small batches and use it within a week. If you are using rose powder, then it should last longer. I have always used the fresh petals for my body polish and used it within a week. Be careful while handling lavender essential oil and only add it in to the mixture using a dropper. Use this body polish twice a week for soft and supple skin. Enjoy spa-like treatment at home.
Image Source: 1
Homemade Body Scrubs for Dry Skin
Best Homemade Makeup Removers
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner Recipes
Dove Intensive Moisturizing Cream
Garnier Essential Care Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Olay Moisturizing Lotion
Forest Essentials Floral Makeup Remover
The Body Shop Floral Acai Body Butter Duo
Forest Essentials Mashobra Honey and Vanilla Hair Cleanser
Coffee, Vanilla & Sugar Body Scrub: DIY
The Body Shop Vanilla Eau de Toilette
Victoria’s Secret Midnight Exotics Forbidden Vanilla Fragrance Mist
Bath and Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Fine Fragrance Mist
Skin Polishing at Home: Body Scrub
Forest Essentials Cane Sugar & Tamarind Body Polisher
Best Body Scrubs Available in India
Soap and Glory Flake Away Body Polish