I am back! 😀 OMG, I know I have missed so much but so many changes in life that I just couldn’t write. Can’t believe my last post was 6 months back! Bad Bad *cry* Anyway, now finally back to my love for beauty, writing and IMBB! As a comeback in 2014, (Happy New Year everyone!) I decided to do a post on one of my most favorite; rather tried and tested recipe for beautiful, shiny, and soft hair! Yes, my very own recipe using pure oils! I have been using this since last 4 months and trust me guys I am the live example of it working amazingly *preen*
Let’s get geared up for the recipe now.
Things you will need:
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Almond Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Rosemary Essential Oil – 7-8 drops.
- Tea Tree essential Oil: 3-4 drops (optional).
- Argan oil – ½ tsp to 1 tsp (too expensive, so I use it sparingly :P)
- Grapeseed Oil – 1 tsp.
- Evening Primrose oil – 1 tsp.
Like earlier, I will first give you all the benefits of each and every ingredient used. (So what If I was away, I am still the same 😛 )
Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is like nature’s treat for your tresses! Especially when you use the pure virgin version, you are doing nothing but good to your mane.
- Coconut oil stimulates hair growth as it goes deep into its follicles.
- Coconut oil also fights dandruff leaving you with a healthy scalp.
- Moisturizes dry hair.
- Adds luster, shine and softness to the hair.
- Coconut oil also slows down hair loss.
Rosemary Essential Oil:
- Helps in premature graying of hair.
- Imparts shine to hair.
- Acts like a dose for dull hair.
Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- Amazing for curing dandruff.
- High on anti-bacterial effect, hence leads to clean scalp!
The hero of beauty industry! So much rave about this oil, it’s like Argan-Argan everywhere!
This oil is indeed a hero ingredient.
- It moisturizes and conditions hair.
- Helps in healing split ends as it is rich in Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids.
- Makes hair soft and bouncy.
- Great for frizzy hair as it controls fly aways.
- Good for damaged and chemically treated hair.
- It strengthens hair.
- It is hypoallergenic, so even sensitive scalps can benefit from this oil.
- Great for dandruff.
- Helps to alleviate dry scalp.
Pure Almond Oil:
- Adds luster to hair.
- Strengthens hair.
- Helps in hair growth.
- Great for split ends.
Evening Primrose Oils:
- It is rich in essential fatty acids hence helps in nourishing hair and scalp.
- A great pick for thinning hair.
1. In a bowl, pour some coconut and almond oil and heat it. Do not heat it till boiling temperature, just warm it a bit.
2. Now, add 7-8 drops of rosemary oil and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil (if you are using).
(Note: If you have dandruff issue, you can add a few more drops of tea tree oil).
3. Now, add Grapeseed, Argan and Evening primrose oil.
How To Use:
Massage the oil in your scalp and cover each and every strand properly. Leave it on for at least an hour (longer the duration, the better). You can also massage the leftover oil on your skin 😛 Yes, really I do that! It’s good for your skin too! *haan ji*
Important Tip: Tie your hair in a bun and cover it with a shower cap. This will help your hair to drink up the oils better. Once you feel your hair has soaked all the goodness of the oils, shampoo and condition your hair normally. The best thing about this recipe is that all the oils used are easy to wash. I have done a patch test to prove this; look how nicely the oil got absorbed on my hand after a light massage.
Now, hear your hair say “thank you!”
Hope you guys will try this and do let me know the results! Missed you all so much (genuinely) and yes once again, I am back! *happy dance* *happy dance* *happy dance*
See you soon… till then, stay pretty *puchhi* *thankyou*