Most of us struggle with dark spots and dull skin. Dark marks always need extra care and treatment for them to fade away. If you have pimple-prone skin that’s prone to scars as well, this quick facial scrub would act as a nice skin-brightening and spot reducing homemade scrub. It has all natural ingredients which are good for skin and doesn’t have any side effects either, but still, I would always recommend doing a patch test, if you have sensitive skin. Now, let’s get into the details:
- Red Lentil: It is a great ingredient as it cleanses your skin deeply and helps to tighten the pores thereby, making your skin glowing. It also acts as a hydrating agent and helps in repairing the dryness. Besides this, it removes dull texture and makes your skin look healthy.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an anti-bacterial agent. Turmeric helps to heal acne, as well as keeps skin looking young and fresh. It is natural skin brightening properties too. It also has antioxidant properties that’s great for ageing skin. It also helps to reduce pimple spots and makes skin clear at the same time.
- Milk: Milk is known as the moisturizing ingredient. It helps to keep skin soft and deeply moisturized for long. It reduces blemishes and works as a spot corrector. It also helps to brighten up skin complexion and to reduce dullness. It keeps skin bright and glowing. It also acts as an anti-ageing ingredient.
- Lemon juice: Lemon fights against various skin problems like ageing, dark spots, acne, pigmentation. It works as a natural skin-brightening ingredients and also helps to remove tan. It can control oil from face and leave skin fresh.
- First, you have to make a fine powder from red lentils. You can make it at home easily – wash red lentils well and let it dry for a few hours. After that, grind them in a mixer well.
- Take 1 tbsp of red lentil powder and add a pinch of turmeric (or 1/2 tbsp).
- Next, add 1 tbsp of milk and mix everything well.
- Finally, add a few drops of lemon juice adjusting according to your skin type. If you have super sensitive skin, you can add honey to neutralize the reaction.
- Now, mix everything well into a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture on face directly and gently massage it for a few minutes. Also, don’t forget your neck and apply it all over the neck too. Leave on the mask for a few minutes and then rinse it well with normal water.
- Apply a soothing, lightweight aloe vera gel to moisturize your skin.
This scrub contains skin brightening ingredients that help to reduce darkness and dullness of skin. It would make your skin fresh and bright as well. Regular use will help to reduce dark spots and also to make the skin clear. As it’s a natural scrub, you can use it thrice a week. With milk in this pack, your skin will feel moisturized too. This scrub-face pack is good for all skin types. Obviously, it’s a face scrub, so it does exfoliate skin well and helps to remove dead skin cells too. My skin appears smoother and softer each time I use it. As an extra benefit, this scrub helps to clean skin deeply. Do try this face scrub for glowing skin.
7 Amazing Homemade Skin Whitening/Lightening Night Creams
DIY Homemade Skin Polishing Scrub for Glowing Skin
Homemade Ubtan for Fair and Glowing Skin
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
Nature’s Essence Timeless Beauty Spot Reduction Brightness Cream
Kaya Pigmentation Reducing Complex
DIY: 6 Ingredients Chia Seed Facial Scrub
Himalaya Tan Removal Orange Face Scrub