Hello Gorgeous Ladies,
I am back (with public demand 😛 ) with another recreation of one of Lush’s amazing face masks, this time is it “Oatifix.” This is a very simple mask to make as we will be using only the key ingredients which are easily available. This is not entirely the dupe of Lush’s mask but it is my own version using the key ingredients. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
Original Ingredients Used in Oatifix Face Mask:
Glycerine, Fine oatmeal, Fresh Organic bananas, Water, Ground almonds, Illipe butter, Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod, Sandalwood oil, Benzoin resinoid, Coumarin, Benzyl Cinnamate, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract.
Things Needed To Make Homemade Version of Lush Oatifix Face Mask:
I have mentioned the quantity of ingredients to prepare a batch which can suffice for 2-3 applications:
- Bananas (Quantity-1). Benefits to the skin: Moisturize and hydrate the skin. Bananas have skin softening properties.
- Oatmeal (Quantity-1 cup). Benefits to the skin: Oats have exfoliating properties which remove skin impurities and make the skin smooth and silky. They soothe and heal the skin, while reducing inflammation.
- Vanilla extract/essence (organic) (Quantity-2-4 drops). Benefits to the skin: Antioxidant properties and it also improves skin tone and not to forget, it has a lovely sweet smell.
- Glycerin (Quantity-1 teaspoon). Benefits to the skin: Glycerin helps in restoring the water levels in your skin and prevents dryness of your skin.
- Almonds (Quantity-12-15). Benefits to the skin: Exfoliating properties which scrub off dead skin and make the skin soft and supple.
I have included all key ingredients which are easily available. You can adjust the quantity of ingredients as per your requirement. Now, that we know what all we need, let’s make our own version of Oatifix mask.
Steps for making Oatifix mask at home:
- Ground the almonds to a powder form.
- Ground oatmeals to a powder form.
- Mash the banana and combine it with ground almonds, ground oatmeal.
- Add glycerin and vanilla essence earth and adjust the consistency by adding required amount of rose water. I didn’t feel the need of adding any rose water as my mixture had a perfect mask-like consistency.
- It is so easy and super quick to make. I made it in less than 10 minutes. You can even save time by making oatmeal and almond powder and storing it for future use. With that, you just have to mash some bananas when you are about to make a fresh batch and you are ready to go.
How To Apply:
Apply on the face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes depending on your skin type. Oily-skinned beauties should not leave it on for more than 15 minutes as it might make the skin secrete excess sebum which can cause acne. Exfoliate for 2 minutes before rinsing. Rinse the face with warm water. Pat dry with a napkin and feel your rejuvenated, soft and radiant skin.
Final Verdict on Homemade Version of Lush Oatifix Face Mask:
This mask is suitable for dry to normal-skinned beauties. It won’t work that well on oily or combination skin, but if applied once in a while, it can really nourish the skin (as in my case since I have oily skin). So, oily-skinned girls can give it a try as well! This mask leaves the skin hydrated, nourished and moisturized and you can instantly feel how soft and supple the skin becomes after application. The exfoliating properties of almonds and oatmeal remove the dead skin and serve as excellent scrub removing all impurities. Bananas moisturize and make the skin soft. All in all, this is an ultimate face mask for girls with dry to normal skin. The results are amazing. Do give it a try and share your experiences.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How to make Lush Crash Course in Skin Care at home
My Lush Haul
Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask
Lush Cosmetic Warrior Mask
Lush Cup Cake Face Mask
Lush Aqua Marina Cleanser
Lush Wow Wow Face Mask
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
Oriflame Swedish Spa Purifying Face Mask
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
Avon Naturals Skin Care : Cleanser, Toner, Face Mask
How To Make Lush Cupcake Face Mask At Home
How To Make Lush’s Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask – DIY