Hope you all are having a good time. Today I am writing the review of another liquid lipstick which is Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in the shade Icon. I’ve been going crazy with liquid lipsticks these days, and since I’d read good reviews of this particular shade, I thought of giving this a shot.
A richly pigmented, silky smooth and velvety matte lip color that delivers extended wear without flaking or dryness. Available in 9 shades.
Features and Benefits:
• Densely pigmented, silky smooth and lightweight formula glides on without tackiness, and sets to a modern matte finish.
• Opaque coverage creates bold, vibrant and dramatic-looking lips.
• Contains a breathable film of intense pigment that instantly bonds to the lips and treats them with skin-conditioning emollients, fruit extracts and vitamins:
– Cili Fruit and Goji Berry extracts offer anti-oxidant protection
– Vitamins A, C and E nourish and protect lips throughout the day
• Custom doe foot applicator allows for precision application.
• Apply gloss over the top to create a long-lasting, luminous finish
$28. I’ve got a travel size version for $10.
My Experience with Hourglass Icon Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick:
Hourglass’ packaging has a retro-futuristic feel. The packaging is very sleek and classy. It has a doe-foot applicator that is very flexible and gives a precise application. Though I want to mention that the tube is extremely small and for the hefty price we pay, the quantity is extremely less. Still it’s a perfect size to throw in your handbag when you’re on-the-go.
Compared to other liquid lipsticks, this has a thin and a little runny consistency. It applies evenly on the lips and doesn’t feel patchy or uncomfortable. Though liquid lipsticks dry down matte, I would describe this as a semi-matte finish. It’s not as drying as the Kat Von D or Stila Liquid Lipstick, but definitely needs prepping before application. One swipe gives an opaque coverage.
Icon is a classic deep red shade. It is insanely pigmented and when layered looks much deeper. I feel it gives a very retro look and makes the lips stand out when paired with neutral eye and face makeup. It is definitely flattering and looks best for special occasions, but this shade is not for everyone, ladies! People who like blue-based reds would love it.
The staying power is average with this liquid lipstick; lasted on me about 5-6 hours. It transfers a little bit and fades unevenly which is very disappointing especially when you pay such hefty price.
Pros of Hourglass Icon Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick:
• Flattering blue-based red color
• Richly pigmented
• Semi-matte finish
• Has a lightweight consistency
• Wears comfortably on lips
• Non-sticky, non-drying formula
Cons of Hourglass Icon Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick:
• Does transfer a little bit
• Fades unevenly
• A second layer may make the lips look patchy
• Very limited shade range
Would I Repurchase Hourglass Icon Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick?
No, because I don’t find any other color exciting enough to pay $28.
Would I Recommend Hourglass Icon Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick?
Yes, It’s a beautiful color.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Luminous Flush Blush
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Diffused Heat
Hourglass Double Ended Complexion Brush – You Need This!
Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation
Wet n Wild Color Icon Brass Glitter Single
My 7 Favorite Creamy Lip Glosses
L’Oreal Paris Rouge Caresse Lipstick – Aphrodite Scarlet
Stila Amalfi All Day Liquid Lipstick
Kat Von D Double Dare Everlasting Liquid Lipstic
The Balm Meet Matte Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick