WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How To Choose Right Foundation Shade
Essential to flawless makeup is how to choose the right foundation shade. It evens out your entire skin tone hiding any flaws, be it blemishes, scars, acne or just plain dullness. But there are loads of different ones available out there in the market.
You’ve to consider 3 things to decide how to choose foundation shade:-
- Skin Type
How to Choose Foundation Shade for Skin Type:-
Check out this post to know what your skin type is.
Normal Skin: – Lucky you! You can use just about any foundation from mineral powder to tinted moisturizer; depending on your required coverage & shade.
Dry Skin: You need the added moisture in your product. The best ones for dry skin are oil-based foundations (oil based tinted moisturizer for light coverage & oil-based cream or liquid products for heavier coverage), mousse product, tinted moisturizers & mineral product. Look for words like hydrating & moisturizing while looking for a product for dry skin. Avoid matte ones as they will make your look dull.
Oily Skin:- An oily skin secretes enough oil on its own so use only an oil-free liquid foundation or moisturizers. A matte finish one is also great for controlling oily shine and breakthrough shine later. Use a pressed powder after your liquid foundation to set it right.
Aging Skin:- If you notice signs like wrinkles, fine lines & probably a little saggy loose skin, don’t get freaked out and start opting for a heavy coverage foundation. It will just worsen things. Choose a medium coverage product with light reflecting pigments that will make you glow naturally.
Combination Skin:- If you have a normal-dry skin but an oily t-zone (nose and chin area & the skin below forehead), you should avoid normal liquid foundations. The best foundation for this is the powder one followed by 2nd best one for combination skin– liquid to powder foundations.
Acne Prone skin: – Go for ones labeled as ‘non-comedogenic’ or have ‘salicylic acid’ listed in their ingredients as this will keep your pores & frequent breakouts at bay & also make sure it is an oil-free product, though it can be powder or liquid.
How to Choose Foundation Shade According to shade
Choosing a foundation to your shade can be quite a task.
- Make sure you test the product in broad day light and not just in the store lightning as it can be deceiving.
- Narrow down to 2-3 foundations matching best to your skin tone.
- Never test it on your hand. Always test it on your jawline & then double test it on your forehead to see if the it matches your natural skin tone.
- Also try clicking pictures of yourself while testing the product. You don’t want to purchase it later on & realize it causes your face to appear white in photos.
- Don’t feel shy to ask for samples for usage of 2-3 times from SA’s as you can test it according to your convenience during day/night & decide for yourself if it’s right or not.
How to Choose Foundation Shade According to Coverage
- Sheer – This is the lightest coverage for those people who want to just even out their skin tone & have a natural look.
- Medium – These foundations are thicker in consistency and provide some coverage for people with blemishes, discolorations or other minor imperfections.
- Full – This helps erase severe imperfections such as acne scars. Also it’s the best form of foundation to use for photo shoots or for occasions like wedding etc.
How To Choose Lipstick Shade
Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner, Ideal Shade Concealer Stick
Marks & Spencer Per Una Lipstick Shade
Lakme Lipstick Shade
Streetwear Metal Eyes Eye Pencil Shade ’Silver Lining’
Which is you favourite lipstick shade for monsoon season?
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Choose Swimsuit According to Body Type
How to Choose Lipstick Color
How To Choose Belts For Women
How to Choose the Right Undergarments for Women
How to Choose Eyeshadow Color
Image Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5