I love weddings and Bollywood. These are my 2 loves. I get all misty eyed when I see a bride walking down the aisle. When it comes to weddings you can forget those insane shopping sessions and the never ending search for that perfect lehenga for your wedding. In today’s post I will tell you some points that can really help you choose the best just like your would be husband…
Keep everything in budget
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Typical Indian weddings can get really pricey and out of your budget. You won’t even notice how fast you spend your money. As a bridal lehenga is the highlight of the wedding and also the most important attire of your life, it should be chosen carefully. Set aside a budget for your lehenga and do not go overboard. You will be able to get the lehenga of your dream within your budget if you will search the markets enough. Do not settle for the first one you see.
Are you a summer bride or a winter bride?
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Yes, seasons do matter when choosing your lehenga. You do not want to wind up all sweaty and uncomfortable in the harsh summer months or shivering in winters. Choose the fabric according to the season your marriage is in. In summers go for lighter fabrics and softer color tones in net, georgette or chiffon. In winters you can choose fabrics such as satin or velvet in darker hues.
Consider your body type
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
If the cut and flair of the lehenga does not suit your body type, it is not going to turn out well. So considering your body type when buying your lehenga is a must.
Ok now let me tell you what works best on which body type…
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• Hour Glass: So you have that perfect figure with a defined waist and you will need to show it off in style. Choose an A-line lehenga with a short choli will work wonders for you.
• Pear-shaped: This body type has a heavier bottom and smaller busts. Choose a bridal wedding lehenga with simple and straight cuts with an embellished choli to accentuate those curves of yours.
• Petite: Do not go for very heavily embellished and elaborated lehenga as that will not go well with your tiny frame. Choose a lehenga in a stiff fabric that will add more volume to your curves with a low cut blouse.
• Top Heavy: Choose a blouse with a wide neckline in soft and sheer fabrics. You can go for flared lehenga with embellishments to keep the balance between your lower and upper body.
Your skin tone matters too
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
A right color can enhance your features like nothing else. So choose a color that flatters your skin tone well.
• Fair skin tone: Go for bright shades of pink or red and you can also experiment with blue in your attire. Soft colors like mint green, peach, baby pink will also suit you well.
• Wheatish skin tone: You can choose from a wide array of colors. Best option is to wear rich and warm colors in shades of orange, red, yellow, gold and brown.
• Dusky skin tone: You can choose from reds and bright greens. The color of the season, marsala will also compliment your skin tone quite well.
Look of the lehenga
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
The overall look of the dress should be breathtakingly gorgeous. To ensure that, make sure the style of your choli, the cut of your lehenga, embellishments, color tone, your dupatta and the fit are all up to the mark.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
This is probably going to be the costliest piece of cloth in your wardrobe. Make sure it has certain elements so that you will be able to wear your wedding outfit again and cherish that lovely night all over again.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
7 Different Ways to Drape Lehenga Dupatta
Outfit of the Day: Priyanka Chopra Inspired Lehenga Look
How to Reuse Your Wedding Lehenga?
Outfit of the Day: Ritu Kumar Lehenga