WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I have been following this brush cleaning method for almost an year and even 10-12 month old makeup brushes are in great condition.
Step 1: Take clean water in a bowl. Just enough to dip the bristles of your brushes.
Step 2: Add shampoo in a bowl and mix it. I am using Dove Hair Fall Therapy.
Step 3: Wiggle your brushes in shampoo + water mixture. Do you see how the colour of water has changes in the second picture?
All babies taking bath together. 🙂
Step 5: Squeeze the excess water lightly on the sides of the bowl.
Step 6: Run the brushes under either warm water or cold water. I mostly run them under cold tap water. Just make sure that the pressure of the water is not too high. That might harm the bristles of your brushes.
Step 7: Roll your brushes on a news paper or paper towel to get rid of the excess water.
Step 8: Time to condition your brushes. In a bowl, add some hair conditioner and mix it with water. I am using Dove’s hair conditioner.
Step 9: Time to wiggle again. See, now the water in the bowl is not too dirty.
Step 10: Time to run the bushes under cold water again.
Step 11:Gently reshape your brushes on your palm and pat on a tissue to remove excess water.
Happy Clean brushes.Yay! 🙂
Step 12: Dry the brushes flat on a paper towel and turn them the other side after 3-4 hours.
I have noticed that brushes take 6-8 hours of drying.
- Don’t dry your brushes in sun. Let them dry in shade.
- You may use baby shampoo or any mild shampoo for cleaning your brushes.
- Clean your brushes frequently. This would keep your brushes bacteria free and make them last longer.
- If you are using your brushes for liquid/ cream foundations or lipsticks etc, clean the brushes after every use. Follow some of the basic makeup sanitization rules.
- I tried cleaning brushes on a sponge but that didn’t work for me. I used to get irritated with that method. What about you?