WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Before starting IMBB I knew about only two skin types- covered and naked. But since then I have recurringly heard Rati mentioning ‘skin type’ in her conversation just the way our government constantly mentions the five-year plans; you get the hint that it is something important but you never get to know anything more about it. So I finally decided to do some research by myself, more so because I felt there might be many women who talk about their skin type but had no clear cut idea what it was or how to determine it. Who knew, I might be the child calling the emperor naked for the first time. And since I have already wasted one paragraph in worthless drivel I would get straight to the point about the result of my research:
The basic skin types are Normal, Dry, Oily, Combination, and Sensitive.
A skin which no woman believes she has it even if she does. Nothing normal about the smooth even skin which looks fresh and clean most of the time. It rarely breaks out and has good balance of water and oil.
You can write on it with your nails. Can’t do anything more with a skin that feels tight after washing and stays dry and flaky. The skin shows signs of aging faster than any other skin type.
If you are a cricket bowler you would appreciate this kind of skin. You can rub the ball on this greasy skin and polish it instantly. If you are not a cricket bowler, however, you would not like this oily fountain with large pores on which no makeup can stick for long. Also, your nose and forehead would look like chhole bhatoore.
Some area for the bowlers, some areas for writing. That’s it. Your T zones would look oily by midday but rest of the face may look normal or dry.
Easily irritated skin, can be itchy and reddens easily. Use hypoallergenic cleansing lotion and unperfumed moisturizer for this kind of skin.
How To Determine Your Skin Type
1. Wash your face clean with a cleanser. Dry yourself and wait for 30 minutes. Do not touch your face.
2. Take some tissues and press them on different areas of your face; chin, nose, center of cheeks, outer cheeks, center of forehead, and outer forehead.
3. Examine the tissues for oily or flaky residue. You can determine your skin type as follows:
- a. If the tissues stick, become little oily or translucent your skin is oily.
- b. If the tissues are oily only on T zones (center of forehead, nose, chin and center of cheeks), you have a combination skin.
- c. If the tissues are not oily but have flaky residue, you have a dry skin.
- d. No oil patches and no flaky residues means you can donate us some money. You have a normal skin type.