Do you know who shows up unexpectedly when least expected – the ugly pimple right there on the nose or forehead! There might be important occasions in your life when you pray that the pimple doesn’t pop up, but then it does, in all its glory! Its very difficult to get rid of pimples overnight, but then some remedies do work, don’t try aggressive remedies which will only worsen the situation. I have listed a few simple remedies which can help you reduce the size of the pimple considerably and/or dry them up so that they become less noticeable. Here’s what you can try in times of distress 😛
1. Apply Eye Drops: Many models vouch for this tip. Most eye drops work have soothing and anti-inflammatory agents that calm down redness and inflammation of eyes. You can try using the same for spot treatment of pimples. Even if the eye drops don’t work like a magic wand on the pimples, it can reduce the redness and inflammation of the skin to a large extent. Try it for yourself!
2. Toothpaste on the pimples overnight: You might have heard this a zillion times, but many people do find that toothpastes work on their pimples overnight by shrinking the size and making them smaller in size. However, some people are not able to see the results, I say, keep changing until you find the one which works, usually gel ones do not work and those white ones are the types that actually work. Also, look out for toothpastes without SLS, they can irritate the skin and cause further damage.
3. Rub Ice: Pimples are usually inflamed tissue and rubbing ice over it can help soothe them down and clear the redness and inflammation in that area. Ice can also shrink pores.
4. Baking Soda Spot Treatment: Make a paste out of baking soda with water and use it as a spot treatment on pimples (not on the entire face) and wash it off after it dries up.
5. Lemon Juice Treatment: Use lemon juice for spot treatment (not on the entire face). Use a q-tip to apply lemon juice to the affected area and keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse it off after that. Lemon juice would help in reducing the size of the pimples.
6. Strawberry Treatment: Strawberries are naturally rich in salicylic acid which is a keratolytic. It works by increasing the amount of moisture in the skin and dissolving the substance that causes the skin cells to stick together. This makes it easier to shed the skin cells. Cut a ripe strawberry into half and rub it on the affected area. The salicylic acid in the strawberry will help the pimple to dry up faster.
7. Benzoyl Peroxide Gels: You can consult a dermatologist and ask for a benzoyl peroxide containing topical ointments or gels which are keratolytic agents and would dry and clear up acne faster.
8. Aspirin Topical Treatment: Aspirin also contains salicylic acid and you can make a paste out of two aspirin tablets by mixing with water and applying it topically on the affected area. Wash off after it dries up and you would note that the pimple size has reduced considerably.
9. Tea Tree Oil Treatment: Tea tree oil helps in clearing up pimples quickly. A lot of brands have come up with tea tree oils that can be purchased from stores and you can use this oil overnight on the affected area and it will reduce or clear up the pimple completely.
10. Cinnamon and Honey Spot Treatment: Cinnamon and honey both have anti-bacterial properties. Cinnamon helps in drying out acne, it brings blood and oxygen to the surface of the skin and aids in blood circulation. To make this pack, grind 3 to 4 sticks of cinnamon and mix in 2 tbsp of honey into it. Apply this mixture to the affected area and keep for 30 minutes before rinsing off. You would see decrease in the size of pimples the next day.
Well, these are my tips to get rid of the nasty pimples overnight, if you have any tips, do share them in the comments 🙂
How to Straighten Hair
How to Keep your Makeup Compact Clean
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How To Prevent Kajal From Smudging
How To Apply Cream Blush
How To Remove Makeup From Face
How to Become a Makeup Artist
How To Reduce Hair Fall in Winter – Do It Yourself
How to Make Your Legs Shine Like a Celebrity
10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation
10 Tips To Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally
How To Get Rid of Acne
Homemade Cinnamon Treatment For Pimples
Pond’s Clear Pimples Facial Foam
Shahnaz Husain Shaclear Skin Clear Anti Pimple Lotion
Garnier Pure Pimple Control Pen
Clean&Clear Pimple Clearing Face Wash
Garnier Light Overnight Whitening Peeling Cream
Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm
Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer
Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
Biotique Bio Almond Overnight Therapy Lip Balm
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.