WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How To Get Youthful Hands
Just as the face needs exfoliation, so do our hands need to be scrubbed free of dead skin to reveal the fresh skin underneath. Use your face or body scrub for this purpose once a week. Or you can even make your own scrub at home with 1 tsp brown sugar with olive or coconut oil. Apply raw milk or rub the peel of a squeezed lemon on a regular basis to detan the skin.
2. Use a Moisturizer with SPF
Sun exposure destroys collagen, the building block of skin structure. Damage to collagen causes the appearance of wrinkles and thin skin. Look for a rich highly emollient cream for the night time, and use a lighter easily absorbable one with SPF for when you go out. Carry a travel-size moisturizing cream in your handbag to apply at regular intervals.
Look for moisturizers that contain intensive natural moisturizing ingredients such as cocoa butter, aloe vera, shea butter, and antioxidants such as vitamin E, C and emollients such as lanolin. Choose an acetone-free nail polish remover with moisturizing properties that does dry out the nails and cuticles.
3. Protect your hands
Whenever you wash dishes, do the laundry, do gardening or expose your hands to cleaning detergents or chemicals like pesticides, fertilizers, etc, be sure to wear rubber gloves. Apply your favourite hand cream, or olive oil, underneath your gloves for a warm moisture treatment as you work.
Winters can be particularly harsh. Moisturize at regular intervals and once or twice a week you can sleep with cotton gloves on after a heavy slather of hand moisturizer. You will wake up to beautiful smooth and soft hands.
4. Use A Gentle Soap
Soaps that contain glycerine or other moisturizers with gentle exfoliating properties are better for the hands as opposed to antibacterial pump dispenser soaps. If you must use these, don’t do it more than once a day. Moisturize after washing while they are still damp to allow the cream to spread and absorb even better. Washing in lukewarm water is a better idea than hot water.
5. Cosmetic Therapies
Spas offer several types of cosmetic treatments. These are similar to facial products and contain ingredients like antioxidants, AHAs and collagen. Chemical peels and laser resurfacing, which were initially face treatments, have now been customized to remove age spots, uneven skin tone, and to stimulate collagen production. Hands can also be “plumped” with dermal fillers, thus helping to reduce slight wrinkling, while sclerotherapy can reduce the appearance of thin veins.
6. Home Remedies For Youthful Hands
• Hand Cream Recipe: Mix 1 tsp honey with 3 tbsp unsalted white butter. Add 1 tbsp of strong herbal infusion like the one made above, but further boiled down for increased strength. This rich cream will make your hands silky and smooth. It can be stored in the refrigerator.
• Weekly Dry Skin Hand Mask: Mix 1 tbsp Glycerin, 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp almond oil, lemon juice of 1 lemon, 100 ml herbal infusion, 20 ml rose water. Apply on clean freshly exfoliated hands. Rinse after 25 minutes. Follow with moisturizer.
• Herbal Hand Bath Recipe: Bring half a pan of water to boil and add 1 tbsp each of chamomile, nettle, sage, coltsfoot, calendula. You can buy these in dried form from a herbal or beauty store. Cool the infusion a little. When it is still warm, soak your hands in it for about 20 mins. Dry your hands with a soft towel and apply a rich moisturizer.
• Half cup mashed potatoes with half cup milk is an excellent hand mask.
• When cooking eggs for breakfast, don’t throw away the eggshells. Scrape out the remaining egg white and spread over your hands. Wash off after 10 minutes.
• Rub your hands with a cotton ball dipped in 1 tsp tomato juice+1tsp cucumber juice to give the skin a more even tone.
• Paraffin wax treatment kits are available in the market for an at-home hand spa. You can also give your hands a hot treatment by soaking them in a shallow basin of warm water and 2-3 bath oils.
• After washing dishes or clothes with harsh chemical detergents, rinse with sour milk or vinegar solution (1 tbsp. vinegar per 3 cups of water). This will help to restore the skin’s pH balance.
Pamper your hands with monthly manicures to get your cuticles pushed back and nails shaped. Choose acetone and toluene free nail paints to prevent yellowing and brittleness of nails. Remember that moisturizing and protection is the key to maintaining youthful happy hands.
Skin Care for Hands: How to Keep Your Hand Beautiful and Soft
10 Tips to Treat Cracked and Callused Hands
How to Restore Youthful Skin and Hair Shine
Do’s and Don’ts for Youthful Skin
How To Get Pregnant
How To get Rid of Dark Lips
How To Get Bigger Lips Naturally
How to Get Rid of Dark Knees
How to Get Body Piercing
How to Get Rid of Abdominal Fat
How to Get a Clear Skin Complexion