By Chandni Harariya
It’s such a long time that I wrote something for IMBB. Blame it on my busy schedule, but there’s not even a single day when I miss reading the posts on IMBB. It has become a small family of mine. Today, I am going to share my most favourite DIY with you all. Pink and glossy lips can change the whole personality of a person. I am using this scrub on my lips from the past one month and I am very much happy with the results. It has removed my pigmentation to an extent and has made my lips pink. I am sure if I continue using it for 2-3 months, my lips will start looking like the models in the Maybelline lip balm ads. So, without wasting any more time, I am quickly going to tell you the ingredients that are required to make this scrub and the procedure involved.
- ‘Pinch of Turmeric (haldi).
- Few drops of lemon.
- Pinch of gram flour.
- Pinch of sugar (grind coarsely).
Step 1: Mix turmeric, gram flour, and sugar in a bowl and add a few drops of lemon to make a fine paste. Mix all the ingredients well.
Step 2: Apply this mixture on your lips and scrub your lips lightly for 1 minute.
Step 3: Leave the mixture on your lips for 3-4 minutes and the rinse with normal or lukewarm water.
Step 4: Apply any lip balm on your lips.
Benefits of the ingredients used:
1. Turmeric: Turmeric is a great exfoliating agent and it also helps to fight signs of ageing. It also helps in fading away scars and spots.
2. Lemon: Lemon is acidic in nature and helps in reducing dark spots, pigmentation and uneven skin tone.
3. Gram Flour: Besan is an excellent exfoliating ingredient that also lightens and brightens dull skin.
4. Sugar: Helps in exfoliating skin. It also has moisturising properties that prevent the skin from drying up. It also soothes chapped lips.
I am using this scrub from the past one month and I am happy with the results. I use this daily in the night after removing all my make-up and before applying my night cream.
Some points to remember:
1. Use only pinch of turmeric, otherwise your lips will look pale/yellowish after removing the scrub.
2. Do not keep this scrub on lips for more than 4-5 minutes. It has lemon in it, so keeping it on the lips for a longer time will make your lips dry.
3. If possible, try to use this scrub at night, because sometimes it leaves a yellowish cast on the lips.
It will take some to show the results, so have some patience, and don’t forget to share your experience with me.