When they say, “look beautiful inside out,” it means to look radiant and dazzling both physically and mentally. Looking beautiful and attractive is not about born with chiseled features or fitting into a certain size or shape, it’s way more about being healthy, fit, mentally strong, and comfortable in one’s own skin. In this post, we list down some great tips on how to look and feel beautiful inside out, and these are some very practical and “easy-to-apply in daily life” kind of tips that anyone can follow. So, read on:
1. Avoid Added Sugar for 15 Days: Excess sugar, particularly added sugar, which is found extensively in processed food such as jams, sauces, cakes, pastries, muffins, cookies, and a lot of processed food, triggers a lot of undesirable effects in the body, from hormonal changes, inflammation of the skin, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, to weight gain. The biggest issue is when the body converts the excess sugar into fat and stores around the belly, under the skin, and around the organs. This is exactly what leads to weight gain and increases the risk of various lifestyle diseases. Since a healthy mind resides in a healthy body, it’s important to cut out added sugar from one’s diet. Cutting down sugar will have an amazing reaction on your skin too because insulin spikes caused by high refined sugar in the body causes inflammation of skin which leads to premature ageing, wrinkles, acne, and uneven skin tone. In fact, if you want to look 10 years younger, then the first thing you should do is eliminate sugar from your system. In this post, we have listed down various tips on How to Cut Back on Added Sugar to Lose Weight.
2. Follow Rati Beauty Weight Loss Diet programs on the Rati Beauty app to get to a better and fitter version of yourself by eating the right kind of food and following dedicated exercise routines. Find all details by downloading the app on your phone.
3. Exercise for 40 Minutes Every Day: We already know that exercise is good for the body, to lose weight and to get a toned body; however, regular exercise is great for your mental health too. Exercise triggers the release of “happy hormones” also called endorphins and dopamine from the brain that reduces stress and makes you feel positive. When you feel positive and full of energy, it’s easy to dazzle and sail through the day, with a smile on your face.
4. Get Active by Doing NEAT Activities: Doing just 40 minutes of exercise is good, but you could burn a few extra calories here and there, through the day, by doing non-exercise activity thermogenesis, as mundane as taking the stairs to fidgeting your legs sitting at the desk. Find a list of more of such easy-to-do NEAT activities here.
5. Find a Signature Scent and Wear it Everyday: Scientists have found out that wearing pleasant fragrances can make women look attractive! So, find your signature scent – it can be anything from floral, citrus, oriental, woody, to spicy and wear it every day.
6. Drink 2 Liters of Water Each Day: Drinking plain water can do amazing things to our body. Since human body is made of 60% water, skimping up on the quantity can disrupt all important body functions, resulting in water retention, puffiness of face, and it can also suck up the glow from the face. In fact, make a thumb rule to drink at least 2 liters of water every day for soft and supple skin, and also lose weight in the process.
6. Do not Forget to Condition Hair Every Time you Shampoo: Have you noticed how shampooing hair and skipping the conditioner after that can leave hair frizzy, rough, and unmanageable. Shampoos have cleansing agents that can rip the moisture off the strands and to put back the hydration and add smoothness, following up with a conditioner is important to flaunt shiny and healthy hair.
7. Get Eyebrows Done and Fill in the Brows: Beautifully-shaped eyebrows can give you an effect equal to a facelift. Filling in the brows can make one look youthful and brighten up the whole face. If you are clueless on how to fill the brows, here’s a complete tutorial that’s easy to follow.
8. Follow a Proper Skincare Routine: It’s important to take care of your skin to get that “lit from within” glow on the face. We should follow a proper skincare routine and pick products according on one’s skin type. Here’s a skincare routine for Dry/Combination/Sensitive Skin and Oily/Sensitive Skin to get you started.
9. Wear Clothes that Boost your Confidence: Incredibly attractive people are always well dressed, and it’s not about designer brands or expensive clothes, the clothes that you sport should complement your body type, make you feel good about yourself, and boost your confidence.
10. Personal Grooming Can Do Wonders: Looking groomed, not only makes you feel good, it can also boost your confidence. To sporting the right haircut to wearing the appropriate makeup, grooming tips are for everyone, from the hard-working homemaker to the busy as a bee working woman. Read about 15 Personal Grooming Tips for Women to Look Well Groomed in this post.
11. Do Manicure and Pedicure once in a Month: Manicure and pedicure are part of personal grooming and really good ways to pamper yourself. Read how can do manicure and pedicure all by yourself at home.
12. Bedtime Beauty Habits You Should Follow Every Night to Pamper Yourself: Do you know the best time to pamper and treat your skin is at bedtime because that’s when our body finds time repair and rejuvenate itself. The most important thing is to find a routine and maintaining it religiously. In this post, we list out 10 bedtime beauty habits you should follow every night to pamper yourself.
13. Cut out Negative People from your Life: Spending time with negative people who make you feel bad about yourself are also the ones who ruin your mood and day. Keep such people away to radiate positive energy and to look attractive.
14. Wear Sunscreen Everyday, all Seasons of the year: Sunscreen is a powerful tool to prevent all major skincare woes, from premature ageing, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, tanning, and age spots. Choose a high SPF sunscreen to sport healthy and radiant skin – here’s a list of the 10 Best Fragrance-free Sunscreens in India.
15. Sleep for at Least 7 Hours Each Night: A sound sleep is the key to healthy body, glowing skin and shining tresses. Tweak your sleep lifestyle a little to be rewarded with significant transformations in the way you look and feel. Read about 8 Tricks to Make Your Beauty Sleep Worthwhile in this post.
16. Oil Cleansing: Remember the most important skincare rule you have heard from just about everyone! Yes, cleanse your face thoroughly and remove every speck of makeup before hitting the bed, no matter how tired you are. But wary of using a chemical-laden cleanser? Hold on, there’s a method which is also the most effective way to cleanse skin naturally and it works for all skin types. Yes, it’s called “Oil Cleansing Method,” but people with oily skin might be skeptical whether it would make their skin much more oilier or cause breakouts. But we would like to reassure you that oil cleansing method is the most amazing way any skin type can get clear and beautiful skin. You just have to choose the correct oils and follow the correct method to get good results. Let’s find out more about oil cleansing and how to go about it.
17. Practice Abhayanga: It’s an ayurvedic practice that’s extremely relaxing and rejuvenating for the body as well as mind, and involves massaging warm oil all over the body, from head to toes, to release stress and toxins from the body. This practice, when done regularly, adds glow to the whole body by relieving stress, detoxifying skin, improving complexion, increasing blood circulation, and by nourishing the skin. Sesame oil, almond oil, avocado oil is used commonly for people with vata dosha. For pitta, olive, coconut and even ghee is used. For people with kapha dosha, the most commonly used oils are mustard and flaxseed oils.
Above all, to have that “lit from within glow,” smile often and be happy!