Let’s take a minute to address a concern that sort of bugs a lot of people. It is like an insanely irritating itch that you just can’t scratch conventionally. As those among us who are waging the war on obesity, struggling to fend off those undesirable pesky pounds at any cost would agree with me on the fact that there are certain specific regions/portions of our body where it is mighty difficult to lose fat from sans targeted exercise. And no matter how many kilos you manage to shed with dedication, dieting, and sweat, the fat in these regions is too stubborn to budge. One such problematic regions is our arms. One may have noticed that some among us are stuck with flabby arms (upper arm, behind the elbows) – something labelled as having “bat wings.” And it makes it difficult for people with bat wings to flaunt sleeveless wear/clothing. So, today, we have decided to spare a few words on how to shed those unappealing bat wings through specific and targeted exercises. And since the problem is with the triceps, logic dictates that triceps directed exercises are the way to go.
1. The tricep kickback: This is a simple enough manoeuvre that has proven to be rather effective in losing those flabby, batwing arms. All you need to do is either stand or sit with your elbows at 90 degrees and then extend your arm with your palms facing your sides slowly; repeat this move a few times and then do it with the other arm. It is guaranteed to show results within a few weeks’ time.
2. The triceps extension: This exercise follows the previous one in order, but for you to execute this one, you need to have either a pulley or one of those stretchy bands/tubes. To execute this move, you need to stand with your knees slightly bent; then while you hold the band or pulley at rest with your elbows at 90 degrees and then extend your arms by pulling the pulley or band. Repeat this move at least 15 times per session and then do at least 5 sessions per day for best results.
3. The triceps dip: This exercise is done using your own body weight. So, first you need to stand in front of a mirror with your back aligned to a sturdy chair, then hold the table or chair with your palms down and fingers facing your body, and then your lower your body with balancing your weight on your arms and then lift again. Repeat this move 10 times per session and at least 10 sessions per day and you will be losing your flabby arms in no time.
4. Wall pushups: This is where you need to start. Get yourself by a sturdy structure, place your palms flat on the wall and then gently lean in and then lean out. Repeat this for 20-25 times per session and at least 10 sessions per day for best results.
5. Counter top push up: Once you are comfortable with wall pushups and you have built up the necessary arm strength, you move on to the next step which is called the countertop push up. It is similar to the former move save the fact that now instead of placing your palms on a wall, you shall place it flat on a countertop. You should slowly lower your body with your forearms for balance and support and then push up using your arms again. You need to execute this for at least 20 times per session and for no less than 5-10 times per day for best results.
6. Floor pushup: The classic floor pushup which has somewhat become a legit exhibition of strength and stamina in these days of youtube workout/motivational videos is rather effective in reducing bat wings and flabby arms, but the way to progress to this move is by going through the preceding stages of building up your arm strength to effectively execute this manoeuvre in the first place. Here, you need to place your palms on the floor and then lower your body with your body weight resting/ supported by your arms. Then you use your arms to push up the same. Repeat this for 20-25 times per session and have at least 10 sessions per day and you will lose your flabby arm fat in a matter of weeks. This is the ultimate free hand exercise to tone your arms and strengthen them as well.
7. Pilates (overhead press): This is a worthy addition to the list of effective exercises to rid oneself of flabby arms or batwing arms. In this exercise, all you need to do is to sit upright on the floor with your legs in a loose diamond-shaped position and then you use two lightweight dumbbells, one in each hand, and then you raise them over your head, both arms at the same time. Repeat this move at least 20 times per sessions with a minimum of 10 sessions per day for best results.
Well dear readers, we hope that you found today’s piece helpful and informative. In case you have any questions that you would like to ask us or if you just want to share your thoughts and opinions with us, do not hesitate to drop a sentence or two in the comments section below. Stay pretty and healthy my beauties.