By Parinita Mahindrakar
In the past few months I’ve come across abundant amount of articles and readings on how good Apple cider vinegar is for oily skin and how productive it is for acne prone, scarred skin. I recently noticed that I started getting acne on my left cheek and my forehead (you know your whole world is wrecked when you notice those tiny monsters on your face) Well, all’s well that ends well, I say. Read on to find out how you can effectively get rid of almost all of your skin related issue with this face and body scrub.
• Apple cider vinegar- 1 ½ teaspoons
• Freshly grounded almond- 5-6
• Sugar granules- 2 teaspoons
• Honey- 3 teaspoons
• Aloe Vera gel- 1 teaspoon
• Turmeric powder-about 2 pinches
• Johnson’s baby oil (optional)- 1 teaspoon
(Note that the measurements I am using here are for two people. My mother was also interested in using this scrub when I was making it)
Directions to Make the Scrub:
1. Start making the base with honey. Add almond powder, sugar and turmeric powder to your bowl along with Aloe gel.
2. Now it is apple cider vinegar time!!! If you think you’ve added too much of apple cider vinegar and feel that it will drip down on your face, you can always sublimate the issue by adding more honey and thickening the base.
3. Now, Johnson’s baby oil is for those who do not have oily skin but still want to achieve the wholesomeness of these marvelous ingredients.
How to Apply:
Wash your face with a mild face wash, before applying this scrub, as you don’t want to lose on your face oil completely, since this scrub challenges to do same. Well, moving on, apply the scrub on your face in gentle circular motions covering your cheeks, forehead and neck. You can also keep this scrub on for about 15 minutes after the sugar has completely dissolved in the scrub (it can also be a wonderful face pack).
This face scrub is advisable to use at least once every week. When I used this scrub first I didn’t see any visible changes instantly, only felt smoother by skin, but as I got up next morning my face did not secrete oil at all and it seemed lighter, brighter, smooth and that tiny little monster on my face appeared to be fading away! (And I also got compliments for looking healthy the next day!). I’ve been noticing my face and it seems less oily; I look fairer and feel good after every time I use this DIY.
About the Scrub:
• This scrub is manipulated to address all the skin related issues faced by oily skin. Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties which cleanses the skin, helps preventing acne and pimples, unclogs the pores, helps the skin breathe and also levels up the pH value by removing redundant amount of oil from the skin. It also helps to even out the complexion with regular use.
• Almonds contain antioxidants and good amount of Vitamin E that helps preventing cell damage and effectuate the disastrous outcome caused by UV rays. It also helps hydrating and softening your skin.
• Sugar, to exfoliate and freshen up the skin as it flourishingly guides the skin through whiteheads, blackheads and breakouts present. The main rationale for using honey is to hold this mixture together, and also, it has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial properties which benefits cell renewal.
• My all time favorite Aloe gel, because this succulent plant has thriving properties of reducing redness, itchy-flaky skin, improves firmness and lightens the skin tone.
• Turmeric powder is an excellent exfoliating agent which helps eradicate blemishes, removes facial hair and lightens the skin (We Indians have faith in haldi so much that we even have a whole ceremony named after it before marriage!).
• And Johnson’s baby oil if you do not have oily skin (like me :-P) but still want to use this scrub, as this oil is really mild and gets absorbed by skin instantly and is loaded abundantly with mineral water and Vitamin E.
Since it is crazy hot this summer and you must be sweating badly, this scrub can also be applied on your underarm, as it will reduce the perspiration, and also will help lighten the darkness. (You can just use the measurements I have provided if you want to treat your under-arm).
How To Apply Blush
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Apply Eyeshadow
Eye Makeup: How to Apply Eye Makeup
How To Apply Eye Shadow with Fingers
8 Ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair and Skin
Apple Cider Vinegar Review, Uses
Almond Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Routine To Treat Dull and Damaged Hair
Apple Cider Vinegar: The Beauty Elixir
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Safe? Ask IMBB
8 Ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hairand Skin