Do you feel like washing your hands every time you touch something? Do you feel your regular soap doesn’t do a good job in fighting the germs? Does your hand wash strip your hand off it’s moisture? Well, I have got you covered! Today, I bring a DIY that’ll not only keep your hands soft, smooth and keep the germs at bay but also save you some money which you can later use for buying makeup! 😀 Read on to find out how to make your very own, chemical-free hand wash!
What you need:
- Soap solution (any remaining face wash or body wash could do).
- Any oil of you choice (Coconut, almond, Olive oil etc).
- Any Essential Oil (Lavender, Lemon, Basil, Bergamot etc).
- Plastic container.
- Rubbing alcohol or Dettol.
1. Take a plastic container and clean it thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. If at all you do not have rubbing alcohol, you can clean it with Dettol.
2. Take 3-4 drops of the oil you have selected. Here, I have used almond oil.
3. To this, add a drop or two of essential oil. I have used lavender essential oil. Mix both the oils and add it to the soapy mixture.
4. Pour this mixture into your plastic container and you have your own homemade moisturising and anti-bacterial foaming hand wash! 😀
1. I have used only a tablespoon of body wash for demo, but you could double up the quantity and make enough hand wash to last a week.
2. It’s better to make fresh batches every week, I do it that way.
3. If you have really dry hands, you can add more drops of the oil.
4. Depending upon your selected body wash/face wash, you can choose your essential oil. Since I picked lemon shower gel, I have used lavender oil to get an exotic fragrance.
How is this hand wash anti bacterial?
Essential oils especially lavender oil inhibits bacteria that can cause infection. Regular use of lavender essential oil provides resistance to a variety of diseases. It is a well-known fact that lavender has antibacterial and anti-viral properties and that makes it perfect to defend the body against diseases like TB, typhoid, and diphtheria, according to early research in the 20th century.
Other benefits of lavender oil:
1. It acts as a toner, firms skin and boosts blood circulation.
2. Heals skin and previous burns (if any)
3. Lavender Oil is used in the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines.
4. It is antiseptic and anti fungal in nature.
5. It reduces acne and pimples greatly.
6. It is used in the treatment of insomnia, headache, bug bites etc too!
Hope this helps you! See you next time!
Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash
Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin
Witch Naturally Clear Oil Control Foaming Face Wash
Himalaya Neem Foaming Face Wash and Ayur Exfoliating Strawberry Scrub
Ayur Tulsi Anti-Bacterial Face Pack
Guardian Antibacterial Wipes
Carex Aloe Vera Antibacterial Hand Gel
Bath and Body Works Citrus Crush Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel
How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home
How To Make a Chemical-Free Homemade Bronzer Yourself
How To Make Tinted Lip Balm with Old Lipstick
10 thoughts on “How To Make Homemade Moisturizing Anti-Bacterial Foaming Hand Wash”
Good one Priyanka, especially with the swine flu scare.
Yeah! 🙂 Thank you Jomol Di! 😀 :*
nice DIY Priyanka 🙂
Thank you Anubhuti! 🙂 🙂
this is awesome DIY..The ingredients are all available with me..And the weekend is coming..I guess i am all set to make a little of this to try
Yes! I love easy and quick DIYs too! 🙂 Do try it and let me know! 🙂
Nice DIY post Priyanka :). would try it out this weekend.
Sure do try it! 🙂 🙂
wow that’s ingenious 😀
Haha thank you Parmita!! 🙂