Hope your week is going along just fine. Today I have got a really simple yet effective recipe for skin lightening and de-pigmentation. Now, this one’s coming straight from my kitchen! There is one ingredient which is almost always mentioned in any of skin lightening/brightening products, which ‘Liquorice’ also sometimes is written as ‘licorice’. I thought of experimenting with this powerful herb along with another powerful ingredient, and it indeed turned into a potent mixture!
So read on to find out which is the other ‘magical’ ingredient that will finally answer your prayers for a lighter/brighter skin and an effective anti-pigmentation face pack.
• Yastimadhu or Mulethi or Liquorice powder – 1tbsp
• Cooked oats – 1 tsp (cooked in water if you have oily skin and cooked in milk if you have dry skin)
• Your favourite natural toner or rose water – to form a paste (I have used my Auravedic toner here to add onto the benefits)
• Cook the oats in water or milk as mentioned above, and let it cool.
• Add the liquorice root powder and mix well.
• Add rose water or any liquid to make a thick paste.
How to use this Skin Lightening and De-Pigmentation Face pack:
• Wash your face with warm water and ensure it is clean.
• Apply the pack evenly and massage into your skin for 5 minutes.
• Leave it on for another 15-20 minutes.
• Wash it off with Luke warm water.
• Rinse last with cold water and moisturise.
• Use this daily or at least thrice a week for 1 month to see the results.
Benefits of the ingredients in this Skin Lightening and De-Pigmentation face pack:
Liquorice: Liquorice is a great herb in Ayurveda which is not only great for health and throat, but also beneficial for skin and hair.
• Liquorice, as a natural element, has a mild smoothening and brightening action.
• Used in serums, spot treatments, cleansers, and moisturizers, it helps in fading of hyper- pigmentation and sun damage for all skin tones in a safe manner.
• It blocks melanin production to prevent the formation of hyper-pigmentation. Its usage leaves the skin brighter, hydrated and clearer.
• The root extracts are potent for red, acne-prone skin as well as for dull complexions and dehydrated skin.
• Oats are known for their skin lightening effects as well as improving the skin tone and texture by smoothing out blotchy areas.
• They are great skin cleansers as they contain ‘saponins’.
• It creates a protective barrier for your skin and makes your skin very soft and smooth to touch.
Additional Ingredients that you can add:
• Rice Powder – Great for soft and bright skin.
• Raw organic honey for amazing moisturising effect.
Don’t make it too complicated by adding various ingredients, keep it simple and use it consistently for at least 1-2 months to notice the results. This is one of the best recipes to lighten your skin, tan and de-pigmentation. Also works effectively on dark circles!
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Choose Swimsuit According to Body Type
How to Choose Lipstick Color
How To Choose Belts For Women
How to Choose the Right Undergarments for Women
How to Choose Eyeshadow Color
How To Choose Lipstick Shade
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Creme
Aroma Magic Skin Lightening Concentrate Solution
VLCC Anti Tan Skin lightening Face Wash
Lakme Perfect Radiance Skin Lightening Foundation
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Bollywood Actresses Who Seem To Have Undergone Skin Lightening
Lip Pigmentation- Remedies for Pigmented Lips
Jovees Ayurveda Anti Blemish Pigmentation Face Mask Review
Fab India Vitamin E De Pigmentation Cream Review
How To Conceal Pigmentation
Easy Homemade Face Pack for Dry and Oily Skin
DIY face pack
Natural Homemade Face Pack
Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack Review