How have you been? I have been on and off IMBB for certain reasons. Anyway, today I am nervous and happy at the same time to share my first ever experiment in the form of DIY to reuse old/worn out lipstick. Remember my baby broke off my most-loved L’Oreal Vagabond Mauve. I searched its closest match but could not find none other than Sephora Sexy Game, but still, I couldn’t let go off my love for Vagabond and decided to recreate my own version. So here I come up with an easy peasy method to reuse old worn out/broken lipsticks. You guys inspired me to experiment with my vanity kit, looks, style and what not and hence today, I would share my two cents from whatever I absorbed and learnt from you all! Hope you will like my efforts.
Stuff That I Used:
1. Lipstick (I used L’Oreal Vagabond Mauve and NYC Pink Violet lipstick).
2. Lip balm (I used Fresh and Nivea lip balms).
3. Small pot to store the tinted lip balm.
4. Argan oil drops or any nutritious oil for added benefits.
5. Hair dryer.
6. Microwave safe bowl and microwave.
7. Heat-resistant bowl and stove (optional, in case you don’t have microwave oven).
I tried making lip balm using both stove top and microwave method and hence I will tell you how to make tinted balm in both ways:
Procedure (using stove top):
1. Keep a pan on low flame and then place a steel bowl on the pan.
2. Scoop out the lipstick and place it in the steel bowl, melt it on low flame for a few seconds.
3. Once the lipstick melts, add the scooped out lip balm and melt it on low flame.
4. Once both the lipstick and lip balm melts, mix both of them together to get the tinted lip balm mixture.
5. Take it off the flame and store in a small jar.
6. Now, add drops of argan oil or any other oil of your choice and use a hair dryer on a high-heat setting to set the final mixture while moving jar to avoid burning and melting of your plastic jar.
7. Once the mixture settles down, keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour and voila, your tinted lip balm is ready!
Procedure 2 (using microwave oven):
1. Scoop out your lipstick and lip balm in a microwave safe bowl and keep it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Stir the mixture and again microwave for 10 seconds to melt it completely, adding drops of argan oil in between.
3. Once the mixture is ready, fill it in a jar and start blow dryer on high-warm setting to set the lip balm.
4. Put the jar inside the refrigerator for half an hour and your tinted lip balm is ready for use now!
This is my tried and tested method. I have tried to reuse my loved lipstick and I am really happy to get my own version of Vagabond lip color. Morever, I was unhappy with my NYC lipstick violet shade and hence I made it a tad bit lighter to make it wearable and suitable for my skin tone. The best part is that it does not require any special skills or ingredients to create such a product. Hope you liked my DIY. Please tell me whether you liked it. I am nervous and excited to hear from you all.
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally
How To Make Empty Magnetic Makeup Palette – DIY
How To Make Hair Removal Wax At Home
Lip Gloss: How to Make Lip Gloss at Home
How To Make Mint Lip Scrub At Home