How To Make Tinted Lip Balm with Old Lipstick
How have you been? I have been on and off IMBB for certain reasons. Anyway, today I am nervous and happy at the same time to share my first ever experiment in the form of DIY to reuse old/worn out lipstick. Remember my baby broke off my most-loved L’Oreal Vagabond Mauve. I searched its closest match but could not find none other than Sephora Sexy Game, but still, I couldn’t let go off my love for Vagabond and decided to recreate my own version. So here I come up with an easy peasy method to reuse old worn out/broken lipsticks. You guys inspired me to experiment with my vanity kit, looks, style and what not and hence today, I would share my two cents from whatever I absorbed and learnt from you all! Hope you will like my efforts.
Stuff That I Used:
1. Lipstick (I used L’Oreal Vagabond Mauve and NYC Pink Violet lipstick).
2. Lip balm (I used Fresh and Nivea lip balms).
3. Small pot to store the tinted lip balm.
4. Argan oil drops or any nutritious oil for added benefits.
5. Hair dryer.
6. Microwave safe bowl and microwave.
7. Heat-resistant bowl and stove (optional, in case you don’t have microwave oven).
I tried making lip balm using both stove top and microwave method and hence I will tell you how to make tinted balm in both ways:
Procedure (using stove top):
1. Keep a pan on low flame and then place a steel bowl on the pan.
2. Scoop out the lipstick and place it in the steel bowl, melt it on low flame for a few seconds.
3. Once the lipstick melts, add the scooped out lip balm and melt it on low flame.
4. Once both the lipstick and lip balm melts, mix both of them together to get the tinted lip balm mixture.
5. Take it off the flame and store in a small jar.
6. Now, add drops of argan oil or any other oil of your choice and use a hair dryer on a high-heat setting to set the final mixture while moving jar to avoid burning and melting of your plastic jar.
7. Once the mixture settles down, keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour and voila, your tinted lip balm is ready!
Procedure 2 (using microwave oven):
1. Scoop out your lipstick and lip balm in a microwave safe bowl and keep it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Stir the mixture and again microwave for 10 seconds to melt it completely, adding drops of argan oil in between.
3. Once the mixture is ready, fill it in a jar and start blow dryer on high-warm setting to set the lip balm.
4. Put the jar inside the refrigerator for half an hour and your tinted lip balm is ready for use now!
This is my tried and tested method. I have tried to reuse my loved lipstick and I am really happy to get my own version of Vagabond lip color. Morever, I was unhappy with my NYC lipstick violet shade and hence I made it a tad bit lighter to make it wearable and suitable for my skin tone. The best part is that it does not require any special skills or ingredients to create such a product. Hope you liked my DIY. Please tell me whether you liked it. I am nervous and excited to hear from you all.
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally
How To Make Empty Magnetic Makeup Palette – DIY
How To Make Hair Removal Wax At Home
Lip Gloss: How to Make Lip Gloss at Home
How To Make Mint Lip Scrub At Home
29 thoughts on “How To Make Tinted Lip Balm with Old Lipstick”
*woot* *woot* *woot* *clap* *clap* *clap*
hehe *thankyou* dear.. 🙂
Good job neetu!
And moreover nice shade…suits u so well
Have done such things myself…
But one bad part of such lip tints is that they settle in fine lines on lips!
*thankyou* nazia.. so swt of u.. oh I have been using them very often and thankfully i did’nt noticed it, they don’t settle in fine lives. I used argan oil and lip balm more than lipcolor so may be it helped me to get softer smooth end results.. *happydance*
That’s quite a tip…dear !!
Thanks and love.
ohh thanx dear.. hope u get good result.. *puchhi* *puchhi*
Good idea neetu..I dont have any bad lipsticks to do this diy..lol
Hey post this idea in ED..today its talent day over der.
*hihi* *hihi* mini I followed ur wish.. check fb its thr.. *hihi*
*thankyou* dear so swt of u, always cheer up my spirits *happydance* *happydance*
I had a necessity to create it.. n so i had to do it am glad results r awesome.. *happydance* *happydance*
you did such an amazing job with this DIY neetu. 🙂 Infact you ended up making such a gorgeous lip color for yourself. Very good job! 🙂
aww.. *thankyou* rati.. u made my day and this post worth trying.. *puchhi* *happydance* Thanx to team IMBB firstly for this post and inspiration.. *haan ji*
U always boost up my spirits.. *puchhi*
Woah thats a superb DIY. beautifully explained and I like the fact that it won’t require much time either!
*thankyou* lisha.. *puchhi* oh yes they dnt require much efforts and time.. *haan ji* *happydance*
Wow what a DIY. And how we’ll u explained everything. Really missed your reviews .
so sweet of u gal.. *puchhi* I truly missed my second home.. so happy to see u all here today.. *happydance* *happydance*
i am speechless…..standing ovation *woot* *woot*
Aww sumera.. *puchhi* u r so generous.. *thankyou*
Too good Neetu and you know the best thing you have done – you showed us both ways – the microwave and the gas stove methods…. *jai ho*
Aww jomol.. *puchhi* I feel so blessed to be wid u all.. *happydance* *happydance* u always boost up my spirits.. Thank u so much for appreciating this work.. I feel so contented blessed n lucky to be an IMBBian.. *puchhi* *happydance*
Very helpful tutorial! Nice pics as well, I can just save your collage to my phone if I want to know what to do!
*thankyou* Lana … So happy to hear frm u… Glad u liked it gal.. *happydance*
wow neetu. *woot* .u r just fab dear. *whistle* .such a wonderful way to prepare a tinted balm..i m surely gonna try it…. *thankyou* sooo much for sharing…
So swt megha… *thankyou* u guys always boost up my spirits.. *happydance*
Thanks a lot Neetu..i just made my tinted lip balm with my unused / broken lipsticks..
*thankyou* swetha… *happydance* wow u tried it.. hope u love it..
Great idea Neetu! ANd very well explained! Kudos to you!
hey hw r u.. *puchhi* *thankyou* for ur kind appreciation gal.. *happydance* *happydance*
awesome DIY. *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* .bookmarked *jalwa*
*thankyou* anubhuti… Glad u liked it.. *happydance*