WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
When I was a little girl, my grandmother used sugar water on her hair to hold her hairstyle in place. While my mother would scold me for eating cookies on the bed, I would wonder whether the sugar in my grandmother’s herbal spray didn’t attract any ants? Apparently it does not, because the sugar is dissolved in the water and we also add some essential oils to this mixture.
The essential oils not only provide a great fragrance to the hair spray, but also aid in healthy growth of hair. There are a lot of naturally extracted essential oils available in the market and since this is a herbal hair spray, make sure you read the ingredients and select one which has no chemicals or added ingredients.
I have never purchased a hair spray myself, but whenever I go to the parlor to get my hair done for a farewell party or a wedding in the family, I have to use one. The hair spray they use at the salon is full of chemicals and I feel suffocated when they use hair sprays. I have looked for natural/herbal hair sprays, but they cost a bomb! Since I don’t use hair sprays that often, spending that amount of money, seemed a little too much for me.
So anyway, when I last visited my grandmother, I asked her about the sugar water to see if I could make an inexpensive herbal hair spray and here is the recipe:
What You Need:
• One cup of filtered water.
• One and a half tablespoon of sugar (white or brown).
• Essential oil (I used lavender).
• Empty Spray Bottle.
1. To the hot water, add sugar and dissolve it. Let this mixture cool completely. Once this mixture has cooled down, add about 10 drops of essential oil and pour it in the spray bottle.
2. An additional step here is to add about one teaspoon of high-proof alcohol (like vodka) if you feel that the water is going to weigh your hair down.
3. Also, the amount of sugar we add to the water can be increased, depending on the hold you want. Remember, too much sugar will make your hair sticky and too little sugar will be ineffective.
Spray this mixture all over your hair and wait for it to dry. Repeat if necessary. Make sure that you do not over spray this spray or soak your hair in it. This is a pretty strong hair spray and a little goes a long way!
How To Increase Height Naturally
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Choose Swimsuit According to Body Type
How to Choose Lipstick Color
How To Choose Belts For Women
How to Choose the Right Undergarments for Women
How to Choose Eyeshadow Color
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo Review
Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Shampoo Review
Khadi Saffron Reetha Protein Herbal Shampoo Review
Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner Review
NOVA Ultrahold Hair Spray Review
L’oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Supreme Hold
Nova Gold Super Firm Hold Hair Spray Review
Oriflame HairX Styling Super Style Hair Spray Review
Image Source: 1