By Pallavi Mahendra
This is Pallavi. First of all, I’d like to mention that this is my first article on IMBB and how excited I am to share it with all of you. I’m from arts-commerce background, but fashion has always been my thing. It’s like being united with my long lost love whenever I see a new outfit in the market which catches my eye, especially Indian outfits. I think every girl should embrace the beauty of the traditions we are blessed with.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Anyway, so it was my friend’s wedding and since I already mentioned I like eye-catching pieces that are elegant yet simple, and not very gaudy ones. But, at the same time, are not very expensive. So I’ll be sharing the outfit which I designed getting ideas from all over the internet. And hope my outfit will also give you ideas to design your own lehenga.
• Raw silk blue color – INR 350 per meter (used about 3 metres)
• Shantoon blue color – INR 250 per meter (about 4m- used for inner lining purpose)
• Cane blue color – INR 120 per meter (to give a flare to the lehenga or skirt)
• Golden brocade – INR 200 per mtr (for the choli/blouse)
• Blue zip for lehnga (no idea about the price as the tailor got it himself)
• Some hooks for the choli or you could get a zip for the choli too
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Another piece of information that I’d like to share, the tailor charged me INR 3000 for the stitching as we are his regular clients; some tailors were even charging around INR 7000. So if you know a good and cheap tailor, then nothing like it. The total cost was around INR 5000 only. Isn’t it great! I got many compliments for the outfit.
About my Lehenga and Choli:
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• The skirt has got 4 block pleats in the front and the back as well
• The blouse has got a boat neck, and more or less it’s a backless blouse with hooks at the back
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
How I Styled It:
• Kundan set
• Kohl on the eyes
• Peach lip gloss
• Curls done with a straightener
• You could wear a watch or kundan kada too
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
How You Can Improvise Your Own Outfit:
• Add a border at the bottom of the skirt like brocade or any other golden lace or patches all over the skirt
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
• The blouse can be made of net and brocade can be used as lining; will make its appearance more heavy and classy
• You can also get some embroidery done on the golden blouse as it can be paired with a saree also; golden blouse will become your all time favourite
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
• The skirt can be made from different fabrics like pure silk or satin or even plain cotton fabric in a bright colour like pink and use net lining on top of it with a little golden embroidery to give it a chic look
• A heavy dupatta with a lot of embroidery and gota work can be paired with the plain lehenga and choli
• A black sequins choli and a bright cream lehenga with mirror work can be paired together
• Neon colours can be combined like a lemon yellow and a contrast colored dupatta with a border can be carried along
• A white mirror work choli can be paired with white lehenga or even different colours as white would go with almost every color
• The lehenga can also be paired with a long kurti like Kareena Kapoor’s famous brocade pink and green lehenga
• Make sure you get it stitched from a trustworthy tailor because he will be bringing the real magic to the outfit and give your ideas a figure
• Also accessorize it ideally as in if the outfit is really plain like mine, wear heavy jewelry, but if it is heavy light jewelry like a watch, a pair of earrings and a clutch is all you need
In my next post, I will share another outfit that I designed. Also, I’m not a professional designer. I hope this was an inspiration to all you ladies out there and you enjoyed reading the article.
How to Make Your Own MAC Brush Cleaning Spray and Solution
How To Make Your Own Custom Eye shadow Palette
Make Your Own Emergency Survival Kit: Do It Yourself
4 Versatile Outfit Ideas to Look Stylish during Pregnancy
Stylish and Modern Ways to Drape Dupatta
How to Reuse Your Wedding Lehenga?
How to Choose that Perfect Dreamy Bridal Lehenga
15 Tips To Look Slim in Indian Outfits