Who doesn’t like being pampered? And when the person who loves you the most is YOU, why should you wait for others to pamper you? Working, house care, cooking, travelling and everything in between can take a toll on you and a little “me time” goes a long way in rejuvenating you after a long tiring week. Friday nights work the best for this!
Here are the things that are involved in my pamper night routine.
1. Take a sensuous bath: This tops the list without any doubt. Pour a few drops of your favourite essential oil in your bath water, throw in a few rose petals, dab on a good hair mask and face mask and relax for a good 10 – 15 mins. Complete it with a good exfoliation of your body.
2. Hop into a cute attire: Wear your favorite pajamas or your fluffy robe, pop those furry bunny slippers, anything that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy.
3. Light up some candles: There’s nothing more great than candles to lift up the mood of your surroundings. Light candles in various shapes, colours, sizes and fragrances in different corners of your bedroom. Vanilla, chocolate, green apple, cinnamon – you name it, they have it.
4. Feed your skin: Take time to apply some good body oils or creams to your body, paying attention to every part of your body separately. Examine how your feet look, how your knees look. You are not in a hurry!
5. Drink soothing tea or hot cocoa (depending on your mood!): Grab that favourite mug of yours, put in some hot water and steep 1 or 2 bags of your favourite tea. Chamomile is one of the most soothing and calming tea available in the market. You can choose from lemon, lavender, caramel, mint or just about anything that pleases YOU. Or whip up a cup of hot chocolate topped off with some cream.
6. Read something: Stay away from your mobile: Say no to WhatsApp, facebook and twitter. Instead grab a book that you always wanted to read. Drown in it completely.
7. Write in your journal: Our busy schedules make it impossible for us to keep a diary for our everyday happenings. This pampering time is a good way to write about the week that just came to an end and reflect on yourself.
8. Listen to soothing music: This can be done along with the other activities. Play a light soothing playlist or a symphony in the background that isn’t loud enough to take the focus off what you are doing, yet is there to entertain you.
Do you pamper yourself at all? Do you pamper yourself enough? Time to reflect!
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How To Apply Cream Blush
How To Avoid Wedding Makeup Disasters
How To Choose The Right Bronzer
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
Image Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.