Who doesn’t love to have dark, appealing and stunning eyes? Every woman craves to possess them and the right application of kajal is perhaps the easiest way to achieve them! But the sad part is that most of the time we rave and rant over the fact that the kajal never seems to stick to its original place. It smudges badly and makes you look ghastly! At the end of it all, the beauty of kajal-rimmed eyes is gone and instead, you have terrible looking eyes with “dark circles” of black kohl. Instead of looking like a black-eyed beauty, you end up looking like a round-eyed panda! Of course, that is not desired. So, the question is-how to prevent kajal from smudging? Read on to find out some of the best known tips to prevent your kohl from getting smudged.
How To Prevent Kajal from Smudging?
Check out some of the easiest guidelines to help you prevent your kajal from smudging:
1. Keep it oil free and sweat free:
It is important to keep the area around your eyes free from oil. If your eyelids are oily, chances are your kajal would smudge. You can try the given tips:
- Before applying kajal, wash your face and pat it dry. You may even apply some ice cubes to prevent sweating of face and area under your eyes. Alternately, you may use cotton pads soaked in chilled water and dab the coolness on your face.
- Take some cotton wool or an ear-bud. Wipe your eyelid thoroughly. Once all the oil is gone, apply kajal.
- Dab some face powder on the areas near your eyes. The powder absorbs oil and even excess kajal. So, you know no smudging!
2. Choose Wisely:
When you invest in a kajal, consider whether or not it is the right one for you. Here are some of the things to keep in mind:
- Opt for a well-known brand.
- Look for “no-smudge” formula and “long stay” formula while you buy a kajal pencil.
- Waterproof kajal tends to stay for long hours without smudging.
(For me, the Oriflame Beauty Kajal and Maybelline Collosal Kajal have worked really well!)
3. Pair it with other eye makeup:
Kajal is best left with some company, be it your favorite eyeliner or your dear old mascara. Just ensure that the kajal and eyeliner don’t overlap each other. Apply kajal and then, along the outer border, apply a thin line of eyeliner. This would help you in keeping your kajal intact. Apply your favorite mascara on your lashes and let it dry properly. This too will help you to keep your kajal away from smudging.
4. Leave out the tips:
The tips or the corners of the eyes make your kajal prone to smudging. So, leave out the corners as much as possible. Make it dark in the middle parts and keep it thin near the corners.
Quick Anti-smudge Tips
- Kajal, when it smudges, gives you a “dark circle effect.” If you are not too sure whether or not you will be able to avoid it, you may apply some dark eye-shadow around your lower eye lid.
- Keep a few ear buds handy. Whenever you need to do away with the smudge, these buds help you to give a touch-up.
- Make sure that your face is oil-free and sweat-free when you want to apply kajal.
Application of kajal, like any other makeup, is an art. When done in the right way, it offers you a look like never before! For beautiful, smudge-free, kajal-rimmed eyes, follow these easy tips and be the cynosure of everyone’s eyes!
Image Source: 1
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How to Straighten Hair
How to Become Fair Naturally
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
Faces Cosmetics Kajal
Street Wear Kajal
Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil # Purple Passion
How To Prevent Kajal from Smudging – Daily Beauty Tips
How to Prevent Eyeliner from Smudging (Video)
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal