WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Spending a large chunk of our waking hours before computer/phone/tv screens is bound to take a toll on our eyes. Our eyes undergo a whole lot of strain during the day and as a result many of us suffer from dull, dry, red eyes which can often result in headaches. It’s important that you give your eyes the much-needed rest they deserve and also treat them with care and extra pampering to make up for all the strain they go through. Sharing with you some tips to revive, brighten, and pamper your eyes. Also, some makeup tips that will brighten and open up your tired eyes. Read on:
1. Eye bath: I first came to know about it through a youtube video. For tired eyes that have gone through a lot during the day including pollution and prolonged screen time, you can give your eyes a nice pampering bath! For this, you need to get something like Optrex Multi Action Eye Wash which is ophthalmologically tested and safe for eyes. You need to pour the eye wash liquid into a small bowl that would fit one eye. Then, you need to bend your head forward, holding the small bowl by its base. Place the small bowl over your eye and raise your head with your eye open, such that the wash flows into the eye. Rock your head from side to side slowly and that’s it, you have revived your eyes and rinsed it off dust, pollutants, and makeup remnants.
2. Cooling Eye Drops: For those of us who spend a lot of time on the computer and other screens, the eyes feel itchy and burn at the end of the day. Ask your ophthalmologist to prescribe you a cooling eye drop which would soothe itchy eyes. Also, if you keep the eye drops in the refrigerator, you would get added benefits. Remember to throw out the eye drops bottle within one month of opening, you wouldn’t want an eye infection obviously.
3. Chilled Cucumber Slices: Cut out a few pieces of cucumber slices and chill them in the freezer. Put these chilled cucumber slices on your eyes and relax. Doing this would cool and soothe your eyes and also reduce the puffiness and swelling around your eyes. Added benefit is that cucumbers have strong flavinoids and antioxidants that brighten up the eye area and fight free radicals.
4. Homemade Cucumber Soaked Eye Pads: These cucumber soaked eye pads work the same way as the chilled cucumber slices, but this is a lot more convenient to place over the eyes and you can leave them overnight also if you want to. These pads soothe tired eyes and brighten up the eye area. The cooling effect reduces the swelling around the eye area. Here’s a detailed DIY on how you can make eye pads at home.
5. Potato Juice: Potatoes are very effective in treating dark under eye circles and to soothe tired and puffy eyes. Grate half a potato and extract the juice out of it. Cool the juice in the refrigerator for a few minutes and apply around the eyes with the help of a cotton ball. The compounds in potato will help you to get rid of dark circles and puffiness quickly.
6. Soothing Massage: A soothing massage can increase the blood circulation to your delicate eye area and aid in lymphatic drainage to relieve puffiness around the eyes. Gently tap your fingers around your eyes and make gentle circles with your index finger. This kind of a massage aids in lymphatic drainage and cures puffy eyes and bags and also soothes your tired eyes.
7. Chilled Tea Bags: Do not throw away used tea bags. Keep them in the freezer for a few minutes and keep them over your eyes. Tea contains tannins and antioxidants that reduce the puffiness and inflammation of the eyes. It will also brighten, tighten, and instantly freshen up your eyes.
8. Mascara – the miracle product: A good-quality mascara can open up tired and droopy eyes beautifully and give you an awake look instantly. If you think your eyes are suffering because you are not getting enough sleep, mascara is your best friend!
9. Artificial Tears: Prolonged screen time sucks out the moisture from your eyes resulting in excessively dry eye with little moisture. Ask your ophthamologist to prescribe you lubricating artificial tears to moisten up your eyes.
10. Get enough sleep: Believe me, there’s nothing that can work as magically as a good night’s sleep. Give your eyes at least 7 hours sleep a day, they deserve it after all the abuse they go through doing the day!
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Straighten Hair
How To Restore Damaged Makeup and Cosmetics
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home
How To Achieve a Natural Flush On Cheeks With Lipstick
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
Tips to Revive Dull Skin
Pond’s Gold Radiance Youth Reviving Eye Cream
Kaya Revive and Firm – Serum
Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Revive Anti Perspirant Deodorant
Clean and Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleanser
How to Combat Puffy and Tired Eyes
Homemade Soothing Eye Mask: Do It Yourself
Best Under Eye Creams To Reduce Dark Circles