WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How to Stay Fit and Look Sexy While Pregnant
Most women fear pregnancy not only because of the hormonal changes, possible complications and the pains of labor and delivery. Women are more concerned on how they will look like after all the weight gain, skin changes and the inevitable baby bump while pregnant. It is important to maintain positive self image and self esteem during pregnancy as these contribute to a happy and healthy pregnancy. Pregnancy after all is not a time for being too plain, dull and unfashionable but instead it should be a celebration of your femininity and motherhood. So how do exactly women stay fit and look sexy while pregnant? Here are some tips:
1. Work out. Exercising twice a week all throughout the entire length of your pregnancy is good for you. When I say work out, that means walking, swimming, yoga and water aerobics. Exercises actually depend on how active you are before you got pregnant. Strenuous workouts are contraindicated especially to those at risks of pregnancy complications and those on the later stages of pregnancy. Drink lots of water during activities. This does not only refreshes your feeling but also hydrates your body and keeps your skin well- hydrated for a nicer glow. And remember to consult your doctor before engaging in any strenuous physical activities.
2. Choose maternity clothes that make you feel and look sexy. You often see pregnant women in oversized clothes such as tee shirts and old fashioned maternity skirts. They are comfy alright but if you are going for sexy, you have to think twice and go for fashionable knits which are in style and are comfortable as well.
Add on your favorite accessories such as jewelry or your fab purse to go with your get up. Choose comfortable shoes. It is a good thing that flats are in style nowadays. Stilettos are strictly a NO-NO unless you are attending a formal occasion.
3. Eat a well-balanced diet. Include fruits and veggies to your diet. You can get as much needed vitamins and minerals from them. Stay away from fat and go for lean meats. Wean off on caffeine if you are a coffee addict. This is a stimulant and may affect your time of sleep and rest. Caffeine also has detrimental effects on your unborn child.
4. Capitalize on hair style. Do you know that hormonal changes during pregnancy can give you great, shiny, thick hair? Don’t cut it or pull it back in a ponytail just to be able to manage it. Instead, go and see a hair stylist and let them tell you what style looks best for you. When your hair is beautiful, you can’t help but feel sexy as well.
5. Don’t skip from make-ups and beauty products. Pregnancy will give you a lot of limitations especially in using chemicals that may have bad effects to your baby. But this is not enough reason for you to stay away from make-up. There are beauty products that are safe for expectant moms. It is always best to consult your doctor.
Try to use mineral powder as this is very easy to apply and is light; it is important to choose a shade that matches your skin. Add on some eye shadow with a color that makes your eyes pop. Brown eyes look great on purple, blue eyes are perfect on brown shades, and green or hazel eyes can try on a pink shade. Anyone can wear neutral colors also.
Spice your looks with a nice mousse blush. Pink shade gives out a natural color.
Lastly, moisturize your lips and then apply a long wearing lipstick in a color that your prefer. Red of course is the sexiest color but pinks are more in style.
6. Your attitude above all makes you sexy. Believe that you are sexy and good looking and you will be. Fight negative feelings with positive thoughts.