Curls are beautiful, but since we all love to play around with hair and sport different hairstyles, to change the way we look or just for fun, straightening out the curls, sounds something that a majority of women with curly hair would want to try. But going for permanent straightening can be a gamble with a risk of split ends, damaged, and frizzy hair coming in the way. Though home hair straightening methods do not promise poker straight hair, still you would have pretty straight hair that you would love to flaunt. In this post, we would tell you ways on how to straighten out hair at home.
1. Choose a Straightening or Smoothening Shampoo: Always pick the right shampoo for your hair, and if you want straight hair, a straightening or smoothening shampoo would be the best. Such shampoos can give you smooth, soft and freshly-washed hair. You should always choose frizz-free shampoo so that it helps to cut down the frizz on curly hair and give you manageable tresses. Our suggestions: Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo, Herbal Essences Seductively Straight Straightening Shampoo, L’Oreal Xtenso Pro-Keratin Shampoo, Moroccan Oil Smooth Shampoo.
2. Don’t Forget the Conditioner: Once you have washed your hair with shampoo, following up with a conditioner is important. Always use lukewarm or cold water to wash your hair so that it can help to detangle your hair and also prevents hair cuticles from damaging. Apply conditioner all over your hair and prevent applying to the roots. Allow the conditioner to sit for at least 5 minutes and wash off with lukewarm or cold water.
3. Drying is Important: Gently squeeze the excess water from hair and prevent rubbing aggressively. Use a soft towel or old T shirt to avoid frizzy hair. Rubbing your hair aggressively can cause frizz.
4. After shampooing and conditioning the hair, when the hair is still a bit damp, twist it tightly and roll into a tight bun. Secure this bun and leave it overnight if possible or till the hair dries out completely. Comb with a wide-toothed comb and you can see that most of the hair is straightened out.
5. Use a Wide Tooth Comb: Always use a wide-toothed comb in order to detangle curls to straighten out the kinks and tangles.
6. Apply Smoothening Hair Serum: A smoothening hair serum is a must to tame frizziness and flyaways that can prevent hair from having that straightened out look. Using serum can help to give your hair extra shine and silkiness and also prevent your hair from getting frizzy again. Our suggestions: BBlunt Intense Moisture Hair Serum, Osis Magic Hair Serum.
6. Banana and Honey Smoothening Mask: An excellent hair mask that also gets rid of frizziness – mash one whole ripe banana, mix 2 tbsp of honey, and half a cup of yoghurt, along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Apply this hair mask all over hair and wrap a hot towel on the head. Keep this mask for one hour and wash hair with lukewarm water, and run a wide-toothed comb through the entire length.
7. Rinse Hair with Coconut Milk: Take one cup of fresh coconut milk and apply this milk all over the hair. Massage thoroughly and rinse hair after one hour with a smoothening shampoo and conditioner.
8. Multani Mitti Hair Mask: Fuller’s earth is not only great for the skin, it’s amazing for the hair too. To make this mask, take the required amount of multani mitti and make it into a paste form with water. Cover the scalp and hair with this mask and a wide-toothed comb to spread it through the entire length of hair. Keep this mask for half an hour and rinse off with warm water. Towel dry hair and you would love the texture of your hair how.
Using Blow Drying to Straighten Hair:
You should make sure your hair is completely dry before using a flat iron on the hair. In order to blow dry your hair properly, you need to section your hair in 2-3 parts. Now start drying your hair using a blow dryer. Depending on the thickness of your hair, you should use a blow dryer to dry it properly.
Using Hair Straightener to Straighten out Tresses:
For people with curly hair, you should opt for straightener with gold or titanium plate. It can help to straighten your hair and also prevent any damage. Titanium or gold plated straightener can help to withstand the corrosion which will give you long-lasting results. When it comes to choosing the right kind of straightener, you should consider investing an extra money in order to keep your hair healthy and damage-free. You should run the straightener from top to bottom properly. In order to get the best results, you should section your hair in different parts and consider straightening hair. If your hair starts sizzling while using the straightener, it simply means you have not dried your hair properly. You should stop using the straightener and allow your hair to dry once again. You should generally keep the temperature of the straightener between 300 and 350 degrees.