How are you all today? This is that time of the year when all girls with oily skin are worried sick, and stocking up stuff to take care of the extra oil on their skin! Yes, today I am going to share few tips with you that will help you ease out your worry and give you a beautiful healthy skin this summer.
Summers followed by monsoons are the worst season for girls like me who have oily skin. This irregular hot climate gives my skin zits, breakouts, due to excessive skin greasiness.The excess oil accumulated on the outer layer of the skin leads to the development of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and skin irritation. Oily skin has large pores and skin has a coarse look. No doubt it ages slower than dry skin. It just requires some extra care. So let’s get started girls.
Some tips for oily skin:
• Cleanse your face twice a day. Don’t overdo cleansing as it can make the skin extremely dry and trigger oil production.
• Try and use lukewarm water to wash the skin as it helps in dissolving oil more effectively than cold water.
• Use gel-based cleansers in place of cream ones. Try looking for salicylic acid, citric acid and glycolic acid in your cleanser which helps in reducing dead skin cells that clogs the pores and leads to pimples.
• Don’t scrub too much. Exfoliate 2-3 times a week using a mild cleanser. You can even make your own homemade scrub by grinding 2 tablespoons of oats coarsely and combining it with aloe vera gel.
• Use an oil-balancing face pack which would control excess sebum production. Use a good mud or clay based face pack after scrubbing to tighten your skin and control excess oil. Alternatively you can use the mixture of besan and buttermilk as your natural oil-balancing face pack.
• Go easy with makeup. Avoid using heavy foundations which clogs the pores. Remove makeup before bed and use light weight products only.
• Moisturizing is also very important even for oily skin. Use water based, light moisturizer after washing your face.
• Don’t skip a toner. You can use a rose water or a green tea-based toner.
• Sunscreen lotion must be applied before going out in the sun and reapplied every two hours.
• Avoid excess sweet or fried fatty food as they lead to excess oil production and breakouts.
• Reduce the intake of carbonated and aerated drinks. Replace them with fresh lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in form of juices and salads.
• Summers make your skin dehydrated and thus produce excess oil to balance moisture. Try and consume as much water as you can. 3 liters is the new norm. You can fill yourselves up with lots of coconut water and buttermilk.
Apart from the expensive products we get in the market for oil-control, we can use a lot of natural products too:
• Lemons: Lemon is rich in citric acid and helps in absorbing excess oil. It is also a great antiseptic and astringent for your skin. Mix lemon juice with cold water and apply on your oily skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it off.
• Honey: Mix equal portions of lemon juice and honey. Add few drops of milk to it and apply this mixture on your skin before bath. Leave for 10 mins and then gently massage and wash it off.
• Almonds: Grind few almonds and add few drops of honey to it. Apply this paste to your skin, leave for 10-12 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
• Apple: Peel the skin of apple and cut in smaller pieces. Rub the apple piece on your skin and wash after half an hour .
• Aloe Vera: Take aloe vera gel and put it in the refrigerator. Apply it 2-3 times daily on to the face.
I hope these tips will make your life easier and you can enjoy a healthy glowing oil free skin this summer!
Makeup for Oily Skin
15 Face Washes For Oily Skin
22 Best SkBest Moisturizer For Oily Skin
6 Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin
Summer Makeup Tips
Top Tips for Oily Skin Care
Oil Skin Cleansing Methods
Makeup for Oily Skin
Best Moisturizer For Oily Skin
Fab India Skin Care Haul
Aroma Blends for Beauty and Skin Care
Best Under Eye Cream for Dark Circles : Ask IMBB
Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel Review: Dark Circles and Wrinkles
AromaMagic Enzyme Peel Pack Review: Oily Skin and Open Pores
4 thoughts on “How to Take Care of Oily Skin During Summers”
This is going to help beauties with oily skin big time! 🙂
Yes Shikha, I too suffer from Oily skin and thought sharing few tips with everyone would help.
Thank god !!!! I am tired … My skin turned super oily now and I don’t know what to do.. Thanks you so much….
You are most welcome. Try to go minimal on cream based make up products and use natural home made scrubs and masks to control oil. This is what I follow to stay fresh during summers.